Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
wright-191014-l229-2025644_478x359.jpg

Dan Wright
Image by: Geoff Penn

PUBLISHED
19:11 19th October 2014
by James Hilsum
I was very pleased with their performances and it’s now to up to them to keep it going."
Dan Wright

Brighton & Hove Albion women's coach Dan Wright was pleased with his side’s professionalism following a 9-2 victory over Wivelsfield Green in the Sussex Challenge Cup today.Wright was temporarily taking the reins from manager James Marrs, who took charge of the development squad’s 9-0 win over Lewes today.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “I thought the girls conducted themselves well.
“We weren’t focusing on the scoreline; we were just looking at getting the targets we worked on in training and I was pleased with our work off the ball as well.
“Conceding the first goal early on was a shock to the system, but I thought the reaction was pretty good. I said that they were going to come at us at a 1000 miles an hour and credit to Wivelsfield, I thought they played well; they never gave up and showed a great attitude.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

The Albion coach then spoke about the reasoning behind Marrs’s decision to take charge of the development squad.“I took the place of James today because he wanted to go with the development squad and look at the players.
“He wanted to make sure that they all know he is there to offer support if ever they need advice. He also wanted to assess the quality within the squad, in case any players need to step up to the first team when needed.”
Chloe Lelliot and Megan Fox were also making their first-team debuts for the side and Wright believes they will have benefited enormously from playing alongside regulars Amy Taylor, Jay Blackie and Sophie Perry.
“It’s always hard to step up to the first team but it’s always good for those players to get the opportunity. It’s was good to integrate some of the younger players with the likes of Jay, Kirsty [Barton], Sophie and Amy who are regular first-teamers.
“I was very pleased with their performances and it’s now to up to them to keep it going.
“It’s entirely up to the gaffer whether these players feature in the later rounds, but from what I saw, they had a desire to play for this club and this team.”
[h=3]ALBION V rotherham
[/h]SATURDAY 25TH OCTOber, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V wigan
[/h]tuesday 4th november, KICK-OFF 7:45PM

[h=3]Albion v blackburn
[/h]SATURDAY 8TH NOVEMber, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here