Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your top 5 Albion experiences

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Your top 5 Albion experiences

Been thinking about this this afternoon, and mine would be

1. Guy Butters climbing above the West Ham defence to score in a famous 1-0 win at Upton Park a few seasons back, went mental and lost it, cant remember the 60 seconds after the goal
2. 1983 went up to Highbury on a double decker Brighton bus with the girlfriend, now the Mrs, 1000's of us packed in the clock end and Jimmy Case wonder free kick against Sheffield Wed in FA cup semi final.
3. Paul McShane's goal against Palace in 2006 in a game we weren't expected to win
4. At the Amex, Buckleys goal against Nottingham Forest in the 7th minute of injury time when we'd been battered the whole game.....never seen the North Stand go mental like it did for that goal
5. Couldn't get ticket for Forest away last season, so watched the game at a packed Elephant & Castle in Lewes, and again the scenes when Ulloa scored, Christ Knows what it must have been like at the City Ground.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
No real order but as a 27 year old it's probably

Away at palace 1-0
Forest away last season
Bristol city in play off final
First ever match at Amex
Arsenal at home in FA cup

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Hereford away

Play off(1) final

Doncaster first game at Amex

Doncaster last game

York abandonment day

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
1) Doncaster game (whole day)
2) millennium stadium play off final
3) fa cup final (1st game)
4) case winner 1985 Fa v Liverpool
5) Brightons 2-2 away to Liverpool fac up

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Liverpool away in the FA Cup 1983
Hereford away 1997
The teams walking out at Wembley in 1983
Half time invasion at home to Mansfield 1997
Fans United February 1997

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Incredibly hard to narrow down to 5

Scum home 2-0 1975 - just the most amazing evening atmosphere I'd experienced.
Highbury FA cup semi - the realisation that little old Brighton had got to the cup final & were going to wembley.
Hereford - so many different emotions wrapped up in 90 minutes.
Walsall home Feb 72 - first game, hooked even though we lost!
Mansfield home 1999 - back in Brighton, couldn't have been scripted any better.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Some left field choices maybe but I would rather put the dark days out of my mind altogether. So...

Ipswich away November 88. We had been dreadful. We lost something like the first 8 on the bounce and had taken one point away from home all season. Then suddenly, on my birthday weekend, we beat Ipswich (who were quite good at the time) 3-2 at Portman Road. We took a big crowd and went mental in the ground, outside the ground and on the train. It was basically 3 months of pent up frustration released.

Ipswich home May 91. THAT Wendy Wilkins goal that got us in the playoffs.

Mansfield home, 6-0, first league game back in Brighton. 'Nuff said.

Doncaster Rovers, opening game at the Amex, Will Buckley's goal. Nuff said again.

Another left field choice but Rotherham away Feb 1994. Hardly anyone there but one of those perfect days with your mates. We met some younger Brighton fans who went on to be good mates and one of them destroyed a bottle of 20/20 on the way up. Despite the fact they were all borderline underage we manged to get them in to most pubs in Rotherham because they were so desperate for the trade. When we got there we found another friend with a journalistic bent but no actual job had blagged a press pass. We won 1-0 with a Robert Codner goal and afterwards my mate escaped the press box and went on the pitch with the celebrating players. The train trip home was, well, f***ing messy.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Hereford - you can not describe the feelings

Newcastle away when we up to the old div 1, rained, snowed and sunshine all in the same day and on the Seagull Special, amazing day

Fa cup final 83

Donny first game at the Amex, cried my heart out

Wisbech 10-1 1965 first game

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Beating Watford for promotion to Div II from Div III South
FA Cup Semi Final
Winning at Newcastle for promotion to Div 1.
Play Off final at Cardiff
Play Off Final at Wembley

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Beating Watford for promotion to Div II from Div III South
FA Cup Semi Final
Winning at Newcastle for promotion to Div 1.
Play Off final at Cardiff
Play Off Final at Wembley
Eh? "Play Off Final at Wembley" would be in my top five WORST Albion experiences...

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Applauding the Bolton fans 2013

Applauding the Blackpool fans 2014

Applauding the Burnley fans 2013

Applauding the West Ham fans 2011

Applauding the Leeds fans 2012

If not then:

Walsall 7 - 0

Newcastle 1979

Highbury 1983

Doncaster @ Amex 1st home game

Notts Forrest last season

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Wembley 83 1st game
FA Cup 4th Round v Liverpool 1984
1st game at Amex v Donny
St Patricks Day Massacre
Survival at Hereford

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Hereford away.

Last game at The Goldstone v Donny

First game at The AMEX v Donny

Play off final at Cardiff.

Port Vale away last game of the season after we had been promoted ( 2002) not a brilliant match but a brilliant day out and our away end was packed.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
D3 Promotion battle 1973 Brighton 2 Villa 1. On MOD Willie Irvine came 2nd in goal of the season.
D3 76/77 Promotion season. Mullery's first season. B'n 7 Walsall 0. Chucking down with rain. Nil Nil at half time against our then bogey team.
D1 1979 Boxing Day Brighton 3 Palace 0. Palace dubbed team of the 80s [prematurely] Btn had v shaky start to season. This game made survival realistic.
D1 Oct 1981 Btn 3 Liverpool 3. Rush on fire. Lawro at Liverpool. Btn 3-1 down with minutes to go. Cracking goal by Case [caso].
FA Cup Semi Final. Btn 2 Sheff W 1 at Highbury. Case free kick then Wed nearly broke are hearts but Robinson kept fairy tale alive.
I was at a few games where we won promotion but they were either academic or just too tense to be described as enjoyable. I did not see the 1979 three nil away win at Newcastle. If I had that would probably have been in the top 5.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here