Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The AMEX

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Far to corperate and far to friendly?
Probably why we have been so average in over 3 seasons at home although tactics may play a part in that im aware of.

Just seems odd that we get very good crowds and a good atmosphere compared to other grounds,yet really struggle at home season after season.

How many midweek games have we won?
Have we ever won 2/3 home games on the spin?

It seems that we're guaranteed to not win at home in midweek no matter who we play,bloody shocking:censored:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Exactly right,away fans should be in half of east upper,not behind goals,as for all this "come and have a beer with after the game away fans,"how about **** off home you dirty,northern monkeys.
The away fans get treated better than the home fans:lolol:
I bet they get priority when leaving the car park and get a pass to skip the train queue :lolol:

The away fans get treated better than the home fans:lolol:
I bet they get priority when leaving the car park and get a pass to skip the train queue :lolol:

Does my head in,remember when West stand fans had to walk all the way round after the Palace shambles in the play-offs?
The whole Amex day. Out is rapidly starting to get on my tits,local beers for away fans,soft coloured lighting in the away end,**** that,give the twats warm lager and a shitty old Luke warm pies.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Does my head in,remember when West stand fans had to walk all the way round after the Palace shambles in the play-offs?
The whole Amex day. Out is rapidly starting to get on my tits,local beers for away fans,soft coloured lighting in the away end,**** that,give the twats warm lager and a shitty old Luke warm pies.
Yeah remember that:lolol:
Don't they have clips on the concourse screens of their teams previous memories etc aswell?

The obsession with being friendly and making money is clearly much more important than the football,when will it end?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I would very much like to be treated by other clubs when I pay a lot of money, travel a long and expensive way and face a long and tiring journey home, the way we treat away fans.
Over many seasons most of the away sections are shocking.
Treating away fans as customers should make no difference to the performancen on the pitch.
We should be proud of the way we treat away fans. But having said all that when we get very good again and demand for tickets rises then they should be moved to another part of the stadium.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I would very much like to be treated by other clubs when I pay a lot of money, travel a long and expensive way and face a long and tiring journey home, the way we treat away fans.
Over many seasons most of the away sections are shocking.
Treating away fans as customers should make no difference to the performancen on the pitch.
We should be proud of the way we treat away fans. But having said all that when we get very good again and demand for tickets rises then they should be moved to another part of the stadium.

God another thread, but agree entirely.

Somehow the op links treating away fans badly with performance on the pitch.

Clutching at straws to somehow understand the recent performances me thinks. The Amex is quite corporate, but I just ignore that. I buy my season ticket and ignore all the other rubbish they try and sell me bar a couple of Harveys.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Far to corperate and far to friendly?
Probably why we have been so average in over 3 seasons at home although tactics may play a part in that im aware of.

Just seems odd that we get very good crowds and a good atmosphere compared to other grounds,yet really struggle at home season after season.

How many midweek games have we won?
Have we ever won 2/3 home games on the spin?

It seems that we're guaranteed to not win at home in midweek no matter who we play,bloody shocking:censored:

Once again, it isn't causing us to lose games. On the contrary, we have won 36 games and lost only 19. All the rest were drawn. A friendly stadium is not affecting our home stats.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Have we won more in total than the lost and drawn games? Seems strange to leave the drawn figure out!

I left the drawn games out because the other thread was saying we lost yesterday because we were being welcoming and nice to Middlesbrough fans. My point was that we have done this since we moved in. 23 home games (+ cups) and 7 since August, add them up, and you can work it out for yourself.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I'm all for fans lifting the players but there comes a time when the team has to excite the fans and help improve the atmosphere. Even the funeral home known as St Mary's got a bit lively yesterday.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I left the drawn games out because the other thread was saying we lost yesterday because we were being welcoming and nice to Middlesbrough fans. My point was that we have done this since we moved in. 23 home games (+ cups) and 7 since August, add them up, and you can work it out for yourself.

:lol: Stop playing hard ball. I am not really in the habit of ploughing through figures at 9pm on a Sunday night.

I totally agree that being nice to away fans doesn't alter the result it's the 'ability' or lack thereof on too many occasions at home that has cost us two potential promotions to the Premier League. Those draws have been costly.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
i would give 3 blocks of the east stand to away fans and then have brighton fans behind both goals thats what i would do but i dont think the club will do that .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here