Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sami Hyypia resignation <totally unsubstantiated rumour>

seagulls99

Feb 10, 2012
Anyone else hear that he offered his resignation after yesterdays match? I for one hope he didn't, needs until at least Christmas.

fireball

Jan 24, 2010
I would give Sam Hyypia just two more games . Then sorry but he would have to go . the club can not go on like this .

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Who gave him the job, that person needs sacking.The club sold Ulloa and Buckley and replaced them with, not sure what the replacement policy was. Strange tactics from Sammi and free journeymen make up the squad. Interestingly what was the value of the team that took the field yesterday?

Sammi will be the fall guy as predicted at the beginning of the season, BUT responsibility lays with those who recruited him, the exact criteria being, cheap, cheap, cheap. Sammi you've been set up, there is just something wrong with what is happening at boardroom level in the club. :ffsparr:

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I think we have three allegedly promising players on loan from Premiership clubs. I would not be surprised if we were paying wages of £15k a week to each of them on top of which there are agents and loan fees likely. Whatever, they are not generally regarded as journeymen and I am sure they do not come cheap.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I think we have three allegedly promising players on loan from Premiership clubs. I would not be surprised if we were paying wages of £15k a week to each of them on top of which there are agents and loan fees likely. Whatever, they are not generally regarded as journeymen and I am sure they do not come cheap.

They may not be 'journeymen' by virtue of their age and experience, all but one of these play like journeymen. What of the 6 real journeymen that make an appearance, when not injured. Promising, your having a laugh.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
They may not be 'journeymen' by virtue of their age and experience, all but one of these play like journeymen. What of the 6 real journeymen that make an appearance, when not injured. Promising, your having a laugh.

I actually said ALLEGEDLY promising

Teixera, Bennett and Gardner have all represented their countries at various levels. Bennett is reported to have cost Villa £2.75 million.

Dec 29, 2011

£15k a week? You must be in dreamland. We're paying much, much less than £45k/week for Bennett, Gardener and Teixeira.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Strange tactics from Sammi and free journeymen make up the squad. Interestingly what was the value of the team that took the field yesterday?

Stockdale is £1m+ Prem Lge goalkeeper. Has appeared in England squads. And played in Champ promotion winning team.
We also have the most promising young goalkeeper in the UK, who played for Englands winning u20 team during the break.
Hughes, Greer represented their countries during the week.
Bruno is an ex La Liga defender and his last two seasons helped Albion to the play- offs 2 years in a row.
Bennett is a £2.5m rated Prem Lge right back.
JFC is a 20 year old first pick for our impressive u21 England team.
Dunk is a highly rated young centre back having his best season for the club.
Holla has an experienced highly rated defender in top division of Holland.
Texeira has played for the Portugal u21s.
Our forwards have plenty of experience in La Liga, were top scorer in L1 last season and a prolific Champ scorer respectively.
Solly March is a highly rated Eng u21 midfielder.
Paddy McCourt is an experienced international midfielder.
Dale Stephens is £1m+ experienced midfielder. Player of the season at his previous Champ club.
and KLL, CMS, Chicksen. Even Agustien is a Prem League midfielder.

This a not a squad of "journeymen" by any definition. And some of them are injury prone. Some of them find it difficult to be consistent. And some of them have not shown signs of their previous form with the Albion either last season or this. And we also, and have no reason to think Bloom has changed things at all, in the most recent accounts had the 8th most paid squad in the league.

Can the manager get them to play/win matches/ earn points?
Oscar did even if some on here think his tactics were frustrating and "boring".

Sami , so far, hasn't except in fleeting moments (Leeds, Bolton, Burton Albion, Cardiff, Forest)

The idea however that Albion are doing things "on the cheap" and have a weak squad just doesn't stand up however you stack it up.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Stockdale is £1m+ Prem Lge goalkeeper. Has appeared in England squads. And played in Champ promotion winning team.
We also have the most promising young goalkeeper in the UK, who played for Englands winning u20 team during the break.
Hughes, Greer represented their countries during the week.
Bruno is an ex La Liga defender and his last two seasons helped Albion to the play- offs 2 years in a row.
Bennett is a £2.5m rated Prem Lge right back.
JFC is a 20 year old first pick for our impressive u21 England team.
Dunk is a highly rated young centre back having his best season for the club.
Holla has an experienced highly rated defender in top division of Holland.
Texeira has played for the Portugal u21s.
Our forwards have plenty of experience in La Liga, were top scorer in L1 last season and a prolific Champ scorer respectively.
Solly March is a highly rated Eng u21 midfielder.
Paddy McCourt is an experienced international midfielder.
Dale Stephens is £1m+ experienced midfielder. Player of the season at his previous Champ club.
and KLL, CMS, Chicksen. Even Agustien is a Prem League midfielder.

This a not a squad of "journeymen" by any definition. And some of them are injury prone. Some of them find it difficult to be consistent. And some of them have not shown signs of their previous form with the Albion either last season or this. And we also, and have no reason to think Bloom has changed things at all, in the most recent accounts had the 8th most paid squad in the league.

Can the manager get them to play/win matches/ earn points?
Oscar did even if some on here think his tactics were frustrating and "boring".

Sami , so far, hasn't except in fleeting moments (Leeds, Bolton, Burton Albion, Cardiff, Forest)

The idea however that Albion are doing things "on the cheap" and have a weak squad just doesn't stand up however you stack it up.

Dress it up however you like, but we're still at the arse end of the division without a win in 8 games and have a strike force that can't score a goal !
But it's ok because we got a squad packed with internationals, they'll be quite good in league one i should think !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here