Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best headphones/earphones

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Would like some advice on this. My current job involves me four days a week travelling on a bus early doors and I want some decent listening gear to shut out the noise around me. Anyone got a handle on how much I should pay for something decent enough to do that and what the best out there is? Have generally used Sennheiser and Skull Candy but not really found the right one. Happy with either headphones or earphones, just whatever will shut out the outside noise.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Thats spooky, was looking at getting some new ones and was wondering the same thing. Got an old set of Sony Mdr P1 s but think they are borderline vintage now. Don't want to spend a fortune.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I've got a pair of Bose AE2 headphones. Fantastic quality but not cheap. IMO (and it's always subjective) they are better than Sennheiser.

A word of warning though, a LOT of headphones you see on Ebay are cheap fakes, always buy from a decent retailer.

Oh, and Beats by Dre don't sound great and you look like a knob wearing them.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
auriculares-sony-dr-9-de-coleccion_MLA-O-2697439724_052012.jpg

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Would like some advice on this. My current job involves me four days a week travelling on a bus early doors and I want some decent listening gear to shut out the noise around me. Anyone got a handle on how much I should pay for something decent enough to do that and what the best out there is? Have generally used Sennheiser and Skull Candy but not really found the right one. Happy with either headphones or earphones, just whatever will shut out the outside noise.

I can personally vouch for these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jabra-Revo-...26842&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=jabra+on+ear+revo

Not many people have heard of Jabra, but great value for money sound..

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
The Shure in-ear (SE) range are very nice, good sound quality and do a great job of blocking out other sounds.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
The Shure in-ear (SE) range are very nice, good sound quality and do a great job of blocking out other sounds.

I've always had Sennheisers and never had and complaints

:thumbsup:

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
Bose headphones are very good, expensive. But the amount you are going to be using them I think it would be a good investment.

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
Another Sennheiser fan here, I'm looking at the Sennheiser Momentum's but undecided on over-ear or on-ear?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
My step-son is the sound engineer at Concorde 2, and has just toured as S/E with Foxes, who was supporting Farrell and also does the sound for the Chemists, and he swears by Sennheiser's.
In fact today is my birthday and I wanted some new headphones for indoors and my I-pod, and he told his mum what to get and today I have a brand new pair of Sennheiser, HD-25-SP 11 headphones.
I can honestly say they are the dogs bollox.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Those yellow foam Sennheiser's I had in the early 80s were my pride and joy....loved 'em. I presently use the Acoustic Noise Cancelling Bose, bloody good but bloody pricey.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
My step-son is the sound engineer at Concorde 2, and has just toured as S/E with Foxes, who was supporting Farrell and also does the sound for the Chemists, and he swears by Sennheiser's.
In fact today is my birthday and I wanted some new headphones for indoors and my I-pod, and he told his mum what to get and today I have a brand new pair of Sennheiser, HD-25-SP 11 headphones.
I can honestly say they are the dogs bollox.

Happy Birthday , i am truly suprised you can fit them on that noodle of yours :D

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Thanks mate, I expect the pressie will arrive tomorrow cos there is no post on Sunday's

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Another vote for Shure in ear phones. :)

But there is no best pair of headphones because our skulls process sounds differently to each other. It's what works for the individual.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I've got a pair of RHA MA-450i in ear phones and have no complaints. British firm too!

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Are the bluetooth headphones any good generally? Getting annoyed with wires these days in a wireless world!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here