Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many changes for Tuesday?

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
Unlike many managers who seem to believe that the best results come from having a settled team (injuries and suspensions aside) Hyypia appears to think the opposite. The policy can hardly be said to have succeeded so far, so how many changes will he make for the next game? And who will be in/out?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Need to win this!

Baldock and COG from the start

KLL playing wide

Bruno (if fit) for Calderon

POC and JFC playing forward

Holla and Ince behind

SamPeters18

Feb 19, 2011
Peacehaven
team i would go with is

Walton
Chicksen - Greer - Dunk - Bennett
Ince - Holla - JFC
McCourt - LuaLua
O'Grady

Subs
Stockdale, Bruno, Hughes, Agustien, Gardner, Baldock, Colunga

So that would be 5 changes for me
Walton in for Stockdale - Give the young English keeper a game and that may kick Stockdale up the backside to realize he wont be safe for every game

Chicksen in a RB for Calderon, even though Chicksen is naturally a LB, with the formation we play...he would be ideal to be able to get up and down the pitch

Ince in for Gardner - he was great last season, one of our best players and i feel he needs to be in the side and would help Holla out which could give JFC a chance to roam forward a little bit more

McCourt in for Teixiera - With Teixiera coming off with fear of concussion i feel Hyppia will rest him for Rotherham on Saturday

O'Grady for Baldock - Stange one you lot might think but he needs to be given a chance and is the taller out of the strikers we got and feel he would hold the ball up more to give LuaLua and McCourt a chance to run onto a through ball and you never know he may finally get a goal!

BatterSeagull

Aug 1, 2003
London
Walton

Calderon Greer Dunk Bennett

Bruno Ince Holla Gardner

O'Grady Baldock

subs:- Ankergren, Chicksen, Hughes, McCourt, Lua Lua, Colunga

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
If Ince is going to be a good player he has got to have the games.

Rob Hunt is our reserve right back. Maybe he could make the bench?

O'Grady was particularly poor. Colunga did much more in 13 minutes.

Holla and Lualua did not look as fit as they ought to be. Bruno was missed.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If fit we have to start with Bruno at right wing back Ince and Holla in front of the CBs to offer defensive protection when the wingbacks get forward and CMS and Baldock up front to keep Huddersfield penned back in their own area as we did at Ipswich untuil CMS was taken off.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
team i would go with is

Walton
Chicksen - Greer - Dunk - Bennett
Ince - Holla - JFC
McCourt - LuaLua
O'Grady

Subs
Stockdale, Bruno, Hughes, Agustien, Gardner, Baldock, Colunga

So that would be 5 changes for me
Walton in for Stockdale - Give the young English keeper a game and that may kick Stockdale up the backside to realize he wont be safe for every game

Chicksen in a RB for Calderon, even though Chicksen is naturally a LB, with the formation we play...he would be ideal to be able to get up and down the pitch

Ince in for Gardner - he was great last season, one of our best players and i feel he needs to be in the side and would help Holla out which could give JFC a chance to roam forward a little bit more

McCourt in for Teixiera - With Teixiera coming off with fear of concussion i feel Hyppia will rest him for Rotherham on Saturday

O'Grady for Baldock - Stange one you lot might think but he needs to be given a chance and is the taller out of the strikers we got and feel he would hold the ball up more to give LuaLua and McCourt a chance to run onto a through ball and you never know he may finally get a goal!

Like your reasoning. Ince would give the defence the added protection and O'Grady's holding the ball uup would certainly support the rest in midfield to roam forward. Only thing I'd say is that it doesn't give a natural outlet for Lua Luas crosses to find and the system would work best if Crofts was available, But it certainly seems the best system and approach we have right now. Haven't seen enough of Chicksen to say whether that would work.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Hopefully Gardiner and JFC will not play, if so just one of them. We never seem to hit teams on the break could be because JFC and Gardener rarely play a meaningful forward pass, they seem content with going backwards or at best sideways.
As shown yesterday, teams are not worried about us if their attack breaks down, they know that any of their players out of position can easily get back in time.
Pace and a decent striker is desperately needed, otherwise we just need to keep scoring from corners and rely on Greer and Dunk.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
The best I've seen us play this season are the few occasions when both Ince and Holla have played. I think I'd start Paddy (for Tex). Up front? Let's be honest: it doesn't really matter, does it? None of them are scoring. I've been quite impressed with Co'G's hold up play and at least he's taller than the others, so he might get on to a cross, I spose. Meh.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Was our best performance against Cardiff? If so, play the same outfield 10 (injuries permitting) and give Stockdale a break for a few games.

MJP

Aug 9, 2012
Ince was a large part of our defensive prowess last season breaking up counter attacks exactly like the one that led to Adomah's goal yesterday; so I would have him in from the start alongside Holla. LuaLua JFC and Tex/McCourt depending on Tex's head injury behind Baldock.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
image.jpg
6 man midfield, not worth having a striker as we haven't any good enough at the club

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think our best was at Ipswich until SH took CMS off and this allpowed them to get forward b ioth Baldock and CMS had kept them pinned in their own area until then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here