Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunderland fans take out some frustration on Bridcutt!

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Both Bridcutt and Buckley suffered dramatic loss in form.

Most on here thought their heads had been turned by the Premiership but in reality injuries had taken their toll.

Gus gambled that he would be able to get them back to their best and has failed.

We did enormously well to get the money we did for those two and thank Gus for that :)

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
I have tried to defend Bridcutt but I'm afraid he hasn't had an even half-decent performance for us yet and I can't find another Sunderland supporter with a good word to say about him.
Buckley has actually looked quite good at times since he arrived. I keep telling my fellow fans there was never any doubt about his ability, it's his hamstrings that are the problem.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I have tried to defend Bridcutt but I'm afraid he hasn't had an even half-decent performance for us yet and I can't find another Sunderland supporter with a good word to say about him.
Buckley has actually looked quite good at times since he arrived. I keep telling my fellow fans there was never any doubt about his ability, it's his hamstrings that are the problem.

Kharma for Bridcutt.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane

I thought he ran the midfield when you beat Newcastle at their place. Bet none of you were complaining then?

Having said that I always thought that beyond the Makelele type role he played for us to great effect he would never be able to contribute in a flatter more orthodox midfield - he's not quick enough, his range of passing isn't good enough and he's not strong enough. Have to play him to his strengths, which Gus should know all about.

Aug 23, 2011
I missed MOTD last night - I heard he was playing at centre half... is that true? if so that is utter madness, no wonder he had a mare.

It appeared that Bridcutt was playing right back from what I saw on motd. He got done for pace for a couple if the goals but wouldn't say the total blame was with him and to be fair to him he was one of the few that seemed to be trying right to the end.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Bridcutt's OG was down to him chasing back and covering. Bit of pinball with himself, but cut him some slack as he didn't have the luxury of space or time to try and clear off the line.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
If LB is having a hard time, then tough.
The petulant little shit refused to play for us so he deserves all he gets.
Same goes for WB.
Shame really as I loved having both of them in our team.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Same goes for WB.
Agreed.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
It appeared that Bridcutt was playing right back from what I saw on motd. He got done for pace for a couple if the goals but wouldn't say the total blame was with him and to be fair to him he was one of the few that seemed to be trying right to the end.

Correct, he came on at right back as a half-time substitute for Wes Brown with Vergini moving into the centre.

Unfortunately Bridcutt simply isn't fast enough to play against Tadic or Mane and it showed, but Charlie Oatway told me before the game that they only had four fit defenders, so he was the only option.

Last edited:

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Same goes for WB.
Totally agree with you about Bridcutt. Loved him when he was with us, hated the way he left. Wonder if his 'head' is still wrong? Can't really hate Buckers the same way as I do the shirking little midget.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Put Bridcutt in Chelsea's team and people would notice the good he does, put him in a team full of the dross Sunderland have and you'll take things out on him because he doesn't appear to do anything, he doesn't win games with individual moments of brilliance but put him in a good team at whatever level and he does a job.

He's a easy target for Sunderland fans.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I said neither of them would survive in the top flight

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Same goes for WB.

Pretty much agree with that, I've nothing against players moving upwards but it's how they do it that counts.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Bridcutt isn't the first midfielder to struggle to make the transition from Championship to PL. I think he has the ability but I guess it will take him time to adjust.

I wasn't happy losing him or Buckley, and looking at our current league position, its galling to me how many decent players have left.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here