Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm 'Team Hyypia' and proud of it, anyone else?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
nah not really.

Still Team Fence.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Another Team Fence here. Although if I watch too many more games with us passing the ball along the edge of the penalty area without any hope of penetration then that might change

D

Deleted member 22389

I want a sodding manager who has experience of the Championship and has some fire in his belly which translates down to the players.
By the way where is TOKO because I thought he was the new LUA LUA, why is he not getting a game, just another thing I don't understand about this season.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
As I said yesterday, I'm on the fence, but wanting Sami to succeed. I don't know how he's going to turn this around, but I hope he does.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Firstly think we need a bit of luck, if we had that chance in the first minute and Baldock scored, then 1-0, confidence would increase, crowd up for it. Can we say that Boro were a good side ? Thought they were physical and organised and got some good breaks from the awful ref.

Now my concern is that the formation is wrong with the players we have, it's not working. So in summary we either need a bit of luck, a change of tactics, players or a combination of all 3?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
NSC makes me laugh; but it's not just NSC, is it? The Argus comments and even just listening to fans at matches... People have no idea. Moaning at Bloom, moaning about Hyypia, moaning about the price of pies or queue to buy a beer at our swish, brand new all seater stadium IN BRIGHTON. When I was a kid we went to the dilapidated Goldstone, the club was going out of business. We moved to Gillingham for ****s sake; I watched the worst game of football in my life (Doncaster 0-0) with Michael Mahoney-Johnson up front.

Fast forward, we're 19th in League One, we're playing at an athletics ground and untried new manager Gus Poyet has just been appointed. We are fighting to avoid relegation to league 2 and paying (fairly) similar prices to sit 50 yards from the pitch. In the rain. With no roof. The players were training on a university pitch.

We reach the playoffs two seasons running despite having a fraction of the budget of some clubs, and changing managers in the second season.

And people have the bloody nerve to talk about "worst Albion performance ever" losing 2-1 to a very good Middlesborough side, in the Championship. Spending £1m on a goalkeeper. Remember Mark Bloody Walton?!

I can only assume most Albion fans are JCL's, teenagers or have very short memories. With some of the abuse he gets, I wonder what's stopping Bloom from calling in all his debts, sticking two fingers up and letting and the club go down the toilet. THEN maybe people will get a sense of perspective.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
NSC makes me laugh; but it's not just NSC, is it? The Argus comments and even just listening to fans at matches... People have no idea. Moaning at Bloom, moaning about Hyypia, moaning about the price of pies or queue to buy a beer at our swish, brand new all seater stadium IN BRIGHTON. When I was a kid we went to the dilapidated Goldstone, the club was going out of business. We moved to Gillingham for ****s sake; I watched the worst game of football in my life (Doncaster 0-0) with Michael Mahoney-Johnson up front.

Fast forward, we're 19th in League One, we're playing at an athletics ground and untried new manager Gus Poyet has just been appointed. We are fighting to avoid relegation to league 2 and paying (fairly) similar prices to sit 50 yards from the pitch. In the rain. With no roof. The players were training on a university pitch.

We reach the playoffs two seasons running despite having a fraction of the budget of some clubs, and changing managers in the second season.

And people have the bloody nerve to talk about "worst Albion performance ever" losing 2-1 to a very good Middlesborough side, in the Championship. Spending £1m on a goalkeeper. Remember Mark Bloody Walton?!

I can only assume most Albion fans are JCL's, teenagers or have very short memories. With some of the abuse he gets, I wonder what's stopping Bloom from calling in all his debts, sticking two fingers up and letting and the club go down the toilet. THEN maybe people will get a sense of perspective.

Whatever your opinion, 2 wins in 12 and without a single goalscoring striker is not very good is it? At what point will it be acceptable to start having a moan or call for a change in management? 2 wins in 14, 20??

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There were so many people sitting on the fence it's now collapsed, most of them walked over to the OUT side of the garden a few others crawled over to IN section
I'm still touching the fence, but standing in the garden owned by a Croydon slum landlord.
There have been moments when I've been touching the fence stood in Percy Thrower's garden (one for the kidz).
But I have always been close to the fence.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I'm still touching the fence, but standing in the garden owned by a Croydon slum landlord.
There have been moments when I've been touching the fence stood in Percy Thrower's garden (one for the kidz).
But I have always been close to the fence.

Some of them landed in the Blue Peter garden ( one for the kidz) and smashed it up

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Whatever your opinion, 2 wins in 12 and without a single goalscoring striker is not very good is it? At what point will it be acceptable to start having a moan or call for a change in management? 2 wins in 14, 20??

What I think of Hyypia as a coach and our current form is irrelevant to my point.

We have no divine right to be in the playoffs, get promoted or even "do well" and, with the squad we had last season, even then we overachieved. And I seem to remember Oscar Garcia getting stick on here week in, week out. I'd love to go back and quote each and every person who said "I'd rather we lost 4-3 than win another boring 1-0 etc etc etc".

People just don't know how good they've got it in THE BIGGER PICTURE.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I want a sodding manager who has experience of the Championship and has some fire in his belly which translates down to the players.
By the way where is TOKO because I thought he was the new LUA LUA, why is he not getting a game, just another thing I don't understand about this season.

Toko is a defensive midfielder and Lua-Lua is an attacking midfielder.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
What I think of Hyypia as a coach and our current form is irrelevant to my point.

We have no divine right to be in the playoffs, get promoted or even "do well" and, with the squad we had last season, even then we overachieved. And I seem to remember Oscar Garcia getting stick on here week in, week out. I'd love to go back and quote each and every person who said "I'd rather we lost 4-3 than win another boring 1-0 etc etc etc".

The bigger picture? You are correct that a lot of people moan about everything, and Oscar got stick from a certain few posters who are never happy when we have a foreign manager, we all know who they are. However, being grateful for all Tony has done and recognising how far we have come; and thinking Hyypia's not up to the job are not mutually exclusive.

You are confusing some posters opinions with some sort of overriding NSC hive mind. You are not some sort of visionary fighting against the idiotic modern impatient football fan, you just have a different opinion to some people about the qualities of this manager. We all know that we do not have a divine right to be in the play offs, but it is not unreasonable for us to expect to win more than one game at home by mid October.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

I think the vast majority of people do understand the bigger picture and would accept this season as one of transition. However right here and right now we are in a very precarious place. Tony Blooms blueprint does not envisage his £200m investment being relegated to League 1 but that will be the consequence if something isn't done to reverse the current downward trend and I'm afraid that poor player purchasing, poor coaching, poor tactics, poor player motivation and poor player management seem to be the critical elements in our current situation which need to be addressed.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila

No one is saying we have a right to be in the play offs, what people are complaining about is the standard of football, that is produced, Now the manager tells the players where and how to play and at the moment they either dont understand what he wants or they dont have the talent to produce on the pitch,
The cross field passing at the back yesterday was typical of a team with no ideas, no players making runs or space to have the ball played into them.
We have no striker looking anything like capable of scoring ....

And the last point.....Football is a business, the team wins more fans come in on a match day, spends more money in the superstore and at the ground.

A losing team very quickly loses fans thus income and disappears of the radar, if we have a relegation fight ( and I dont think we will) the kids will be back to supporting Man U or Chelsea very quickly.

I think I read the other day we have brought in 13 million in transfer fees and spent only 3 million.....Its time for Mr Bloom to invest to make a profit,
If that means Hyppia goes then so be it.

If I preformed that badly at work I would soon be out the door...

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood

What a pompous load of shite! We all know our history but that doesn't mean we have to to grovellingly accept the substandard rubbish currently being served up . I havent met a single fan that expected a repeat of the last two seasons achievements but to be critical of a team in the bottom five after 12 games seemingly without the management team to turn things round does not make anybody a bad fan. To carry on with the same, clearly failing ,set up for another 6 weeks or so could be a disaster for the club. Never forget our past but always remember the future.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here