Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We don't want another shirt for gawd's sake

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
....or a crass sales pitch at half-time.

We want to see some decent footie and some commitment.

I don't even mind if we lose. Is that too much to ask for?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Nope listen the Barber mantra, if we spend more money as fans we can have better players

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010

So, if we had NOT had a sales pitch at half time, we would have played better?

What are you talking about you silly man

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
We don't want another shirt for gawd's sake.

Amen to that. Let's win some games, have some decent football, and find forwards that can score goals.

The club can stuff their away shirts up their marketing plan!

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
The emphasis on sales and commercial s*it you silly man.

Just ridiculous logic. So the club has emphasis on sales and this somehow affects the players performance and management ability? (Which to be fair is crap anyway)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Most ironic thing is the shirt's being launched with the slogan BE BOLD. Which is everything the team are not.

Yep at one point "Be Bold" appeared on the screen just after Lua Lua had shanked a pass off the field.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
The new shirts are great. Although club shirts always seem expensive they end up being good value. Young relatives of mine wear them all the time bar school.They really love them,so to have another shirt that you can buy them for Christmas is a positive. At least it is something useful on their Christmas list. It is also money in club funds rather than a high street chain.
This started as a strange thread with the performance connected to shirt sales.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
The new shirts are great. Although club shirts always seem expensive they end up being good value. Young relatives of mine wear them all the time bar school.They really love them,so to have another shirt that you can buy them for Christmas is a positive. At least it is something useful on their Christmas list. It is also money in club funds rather than a high street chain.
This started as a strange thread with the performance connected to shirt sales.

Club post

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Just ridiculous logic. So the club has emphasis on sales and this somehow affects the players performance and management ability? (Which to be fair is crap anyway)

On the day no, of course not. But I am beginning to get concerned about what is called mission drift. A football club exists for one reason and one reason alone - to be successful at football. The clue is in the name. Definitions of success may vary amongst supporters - eg attractive football over winning at all costs, or vice versa.

However, if the people running the club are spending too much time on launching football shirts or sorting out bands to play before the game then maybe the playing side is not getting enough attention. BHAFC is beginning to feel a little too much like a leisure company and not a football club.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
It is, regardless of your football vs business position, a truly awful, awful shirt! the timing of the launch was in hindsight also ever so slightly 'risky.'

I have this belief in shirts being lucky or otherwise. I don't favour nor 'trust' any of this seasons crop... Yep - they're cursed I tells yer, cursed. All of them have the 'feel' of the yellow with black cube things flying over the right shoulder kit of mid 90s yore... yep the one we didn't win all season in.

Relegation inevitable.

Kosh

The Legend that IS Lawro

It's 'canard' Del
May 8, 2013
Burgess Hill
ddddd).jpg

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Anybody good on the history of football on here? When I started watching, nearly fifty years ago, I'm pretty sure away teams only wore a change strip if their colours clashed with the home side - and also I think it was the ref. who decided whether the change was necessary. Can anybody confirm that, and if so when did it change?

I personally hate all these away strips - I want to see my side playing in the blue and white stripes, unless we're away at the likes of Huddersfield or Sheff. Wednesday of course, or anywhere where there is a genuine clash of colours.

Anybody good on the history of football on here? When I started watching, nearly fifty years ago, I'm pretty sure away teams only wore a change strip if their colours clashed with the home side - and also I think it was the ref. who decided whether the change was necessary. Can anybody confirm that, and if so when did it change?

I personally hate all these away strips - I want to see my side playing in the blue and white stripes, unless we're away at the likes of Huddersfield or Sheff. Wednesday of course, or anywhere where there is a genuine clash of colours.
As someone who spent his childhood watching my local team, Newport County, I can report that they only ever played in the black and amber colours that marked them out from other teams. There was no "away kit".

Only two other league clubs in England wore shirts that could possibly clash with County - Wolves and Hull City. On the one occasion that threw up a potential clash of colours (a cup game) County resolved the problem by the simple expedient of, er, borrowing a set of kit from Cardiff City.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here