Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many more games has Hypia got, if the current 8 league run without a win continues?

We certainly were very poor today. Another defeat, 1 goal from the strikers in 12 league games now and down, down, down the table we go.
Tony Bloom asked us to judge the clubs transfer dealings at the end of the last transfer window and he assured us that we'd be happy with the new signings. I'm afraid not Tony, the great majority of them have turned out to be sub-standard and not over interested in fighting for the team.
A manager is so called because he is responsible for and accountable for the team and its performance. Quite rightly after today Sami really must be on the brink.

Rumours in the Swan after the match were that Hypia will be out of a job on Monday. Purely rumours but they must start somewhere (not here!).

Personally I think he has got two more games. A win at Huddersfield is unlikely, but heaven forbid another loss at home to Rotherham or perhaps one point from the next two games, will surely see us in the bottom three & his position will be untenable.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
We certainly were very poor today. Another defeat, 1 goal from the strikers in 12 league games now and down, down, down the table we go.
Tony Bloom asked us to judge the clubs transfer dealings at the end of the last transfer window and he assured us that we'd be happy with the new signings. I'm afraid not Tony, the great majority of them have turned out to be sub-standard and not over interested in fighting for the team.
A manager is so called because he is responsible for and accountable for the team and its performance. Quite rightly after today Sami really must be on the brink.

Rumours in the Swan after the match were that Hypia will be out of a job on Monday. Purely rumours but they must start somewhere (not here!).

Personally I think he has got two more games. A win at Huddersfield is unlikely, but heaven forbid another loss at home to Rotherham or perhaps one point from the next two games, will surely see us in the bottom three & his position will be untenable.
Yes 2 games and at least one win required unless that play fantastically in both games and are ludicrously unlucky e.g. not getting a few obvious penalties and hitting the post a few times.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Think Tony will already be looking at his options, but won't will happen till Rotherham at the earliest

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I think two more bad results this week and he could be on the brink.

Rotherham at home next weekend is a must win for Sami

I don't normally like to call for a managers head, and I'm not quite yet but the fact that after the international break we don't seem to have improved in any areas makes you wonder whether we ever will with the current players being played in the current system.

Something has to give, either Sami needs to change the way we play or he will need to go if results don't change this month.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I think once we hit the bottom 3, how many more games can this go on. We play Huddersfield this week, who changed their manager and surprise surprise they are doing better. Powell has only been at Huddersfield a short time and got them winning. Someone please tell how much longer Sami needs. 12 games and 11 points are not a good enough return

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Seeing as he allegedly has the same budget as Poyet and Garcia I imagine TB will be expecting quite a bit more for his money. Not long is my guess although TB will still need to release quite a bit more to strengthen the team. Finding a decent manager to take over if not will prove a problem. We cannot go for another foreign rookie this time.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Next international break. I usually feel up to November is fair, and if we were mid-table as per Oscar it's difficult to complain.

However, we are so poor action may be required. Tony Bloom (based on his expression) was not happy yesterday.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Next international break. I usually feel up to November is fair, and if we were mid-table as per Oscar it's difficult to complain.

However, we are so poor action may be required. Tony Bloom (based on his expression) was not happy yesterday.

Yes I noticed that. At the end of the game he looked like a man with all the cares of the world lumped upon his shoulders. He looked very unhappy and I've never seen him look like that before.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
2 weeks to prepare for the match yesterday and they looked a shambles at times. Yet again a poor mistake at the back, passing to a player already under-pressure when the ball should have gone long, then we had the complete change of tactics at half-time to a long ball game with 3 forwards and gungho attack leaving us wide open to tha counter-attack. When will the manager and coach learn that you haveto win the battle for control of the m/field before you can control the game and not just expect to play through the other side 20,000+ Albion supporters can see what's wrong. We've now had 3 managers in a row who have been learning their trade incharge and yesterday was the poorest tactics I seen from any of them, lose to Rotherham and it could be ugly.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I also think he has till the next international break. These next 6 games (plus cup game) will determine whether he stays or go.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
End of Nov......if we are not mid table, they will bin him, and hopefully that Welsh fool......we need to move on.........they won't want this continuing until February when the ST renewals are due.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'd go with the consensus that seems to be forming of two league matches to save his job.

As an aside, what has happened to the dreaded vote of confidence from the board ? It always used to give fans the clue that a sacking wasn't far away.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Much as I hate clubs chopping and changing managers and it looked like we could be on the brink of becoming a decent side, yesterday was abysmal. I don't think I've seen a team look so completely comfortable against us at The Amex. It would surely be difficult for a boss to survive defeat at Huddersfield and then losing at home to Rotherham. We haven't won a Championship match since August and we're not scoring goals.

Can't afford to leave a decision too much longer if there's no upturn this week...

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Seeing as he allegedly has the same budget as Poyet and Garcia I imagine TB will be expecting quite a bit more for his money. Not long is my guess although TB will still need to release quite a bit more to strengthen the team. Finding a decent manager to take over if not will prove a problem. We cannot go for another foreign rookie this time.

From the players we've signed and sold, it looks like the budget has dramatically decreased in the last two years. I think Hyypia may prove himself to be a good manager in the future but with the current situation in the club, we need someone experienced who knows this division and can get the best out of a limited squad.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
From the players we've signed and sold, it looks like the budget has dramatically decreased in the last two years. I think Hyypia may prove himself to be a good manager in the future but with the current situation in the club, we need someone experienced who knows this division and can get the best out of a limited squad.

It's very hard to believe the comments from the club about the budget being the same when you look at who we have now and who we had before Poyet's demise isn't it? Maybe they all played for a basic wage because they loved Gus so much?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here