Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

some of our supporters need to grow a backbone

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
If you are correct, watch our attendance's drop like stone. We cannot afford that so things will change soon, either Sami will get the team playing better, or Sami will be gone.

Saddest part of yesterday for me was watching little kids with their parents leaving at 80 minutes.
Clearly neither were enjoying the 'experience'. The future looks far from bright at the moment.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
yes,yes I know its bad, but why so many detracting threads on here
FFS grow a backbone.
stop moaning and get behind the management and players and stop behaving like a load of silly screaming girls, its not going to change anytime soon.

Could say the same about you and your political views :thumbsup:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The OP needs to face up to the fact in footballing terms we are extremely poor at present and the future looks very bleak unless we have forwards that can put the ball in the net.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
My biggest issue is that I am getting the same vibe from Hyppia that I got from Garcia, he seems to be getting more aloof and distant as time goes on an doesnt seem like one of us or very 'Brighton & Hove Albion'. Several weeks into the season now and there doesnt seem to be any bond between Hyppia and the club and also I cant see any evidence of there being a bond or connection within the squad and Hyppia, as a result I have a distinct feeling of apathy towards Hyppia and just get the sense he is going through the motions and will just be another failed Albion manager in a week or twos time.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
My biggest issue is that I am getting the same vibe from Hyppia that I got from Garcia, he seems to be getting more aloof and distant as time goes on an doesnt seem like one of us or very 'Brighton & Hove Albion'. Several weeks into the season now and there doesnt seem to be any bond between Hyppia and the club and also I cant see any evidence of there being a bond or connection within the squad and Hyppia, as a result I have a distinct feeling of apathy towards Hyppia and just get the sense he is going through the motions and will just be another failed Albion manager in a week or twos time.
Hmm. Yes, there seems to be a lack of passion there which certainly wasn't the case with Gus. He says he's going to "keep trying".. I know he's not English so you have to make allowances for language, but I think we need someone who will do more than "try".. It doesn't fill you with confidence.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Hmm. Yes, there seems to be a lack of passion there which certainly wasn't the case with Gus. He says he's going to "keep trying".. I know he's not English so you have to make allowances for language, but I think we need someone who will do more than "try".. It doesn't fill you with confidence.

Agreed, i think this part of a managers persona is vitally important and helps galvanise a team and its supporters through the tougher times alas Hyppia appears devoid of any passion or motivation and just doesnt strike me as a 'winner'.

Personally i think a bad performance and result on Tuesday night and we will be looking at the Rotherham game for Hyppia to save his job. Post Rotherham if we have only 2 wins from 14 and none in 10 I really cant see how Hyppia can remain as manager.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
It was always said that you ignore the table until six games in, then that the table begins to tell a story after 10 games, we have now played 12. You want to extend the grace period until mid December, how deep into the sand do you want your head to go?

It's a 46 game season. The Championship has several examples of teams being in 20th position or worse in October who have ended the season in or around the play-off places. Now I'm not suggesting Brighton will make the play-offs this season, but it does confirm my point that in a division played over 46 games often the campaign doesn't take shape until you get to December.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
FFS grow a backbone.
stop moaning and get behind the management and players and stop behaving like a load of silly screaming girls, its not going to change anytime soon.

Perhaps if you spent £££££££'s each season actually going to the football you might have a different mind set, but seeing as you don't it leaves your post as a fairly hollow statement.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
It's a 46 game season. The Championship has several examples of teams being in 20th position or worse in October who have ended the season in or around the play-off places. Now I'm not suggesting Brighton will make the play-offs this season, but it does confirm my point that in a division played over 46 games often the campaign doesn't take shape until you get to December.
This time last season the teams in the top 3 were Leicester, Burnley and QPR. All 3 got promoted.
This time last season the teams in the bottom 3 were Yeovil, Barnsley and Bolton. Only Bolton escaped.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Perhaps if you spent £££££££'s each season actually going to the football you might have a different mind set, but seeing as you don't it leaves your post as a fairly hollow statement.

This. Yesterday was a total shambles. Hyypia looks clueless and totally devoid of any desire or passion. I know Fins are supposedly cool but he has sat on his seat for the whole season seemingly totally disinterested. Now I know a manager waving his arms around all game does not necessarily make a good manager but you surely need someone who at least appears to give a toss about the game and the outcome. It is Nathan left to try and motivate. Hyypia did at least get off his arse for the last 10 minutes as I think it dawned on him to make a token show of caring. Sorry but he is not the Man for the job. The big announcement at half time was a slap in the face. Spend MORE money on ANOTHER shirt. The whole balance is wrong atm. All corporate and sales and very little about the players we get and team on the pitch. Barber has to take at least some blame for this new BHAFC attitude to their fans. It is very alarming how far and quickly this team has gone downhill in the last 3 months

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
FFS grow a backbone.
Brilliant, ..... so how is blind faith in a failing system going to help improve on that impotent performance we saw yesterday?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
This. Yesterday was a total shambles. Hyypia looks clueless and totally devoid of any desire or passion. I know Fins are supposedly cool but he has sat on his seat for the whole season seemingly totally disinterested. Now I know a manager waving his arms around all game does not necessarily a good manager but you surely need someone who at least appears to give a toss about the game and outcome. It is Nathan left to try and motivate. Hyypia did at least get off his arse for the last 10 minutes as I think it dawned on him to make a token show of caring. Sorry but he is not the Man for the job. The big announcement at half time was a slap in the face. Spend MORE money on ANOTHER shirt. The whole balance is wrong atm. All corporate and sales and very little about the players we get and team on the pitch. Barber has to take at least some blame for this new BHAFC attitude to their fans. It is very alarming how far and quickly this team has gone downhill in the last 3 months

Not quite

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
This. Yesterday was a total shambles. Hyypia looks clueless and totally devoid of any desire or passion. I know Fins are supposedly cool but he has sat on his seat for the whole season seemingly totally disinterested. Now I know a manager waving his arms around all game does not necessarily make a good manager but you surely need someone who at least appears to give a toss about the game and the outcome. It is Nathan left to try and motivate. Hyypia did at least get off his arse for the last 10 minutes as I think it dawned on him to make a token show of caring. Sorry but he is not the Man for the job. The big announcement at half time was a slap in the face. Spend MORE money on ANOTHER shirt. The whole balance is wrong atm. All corporate and sales and very little about the players we get and team on the pitch. Barber has to take at least some blame for this new BHAFC attitude to their fans. It is very alarming how far and quickly this team has gone downhill in the last 3 months

Spot on.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
This time last season the teams in the top 3 were Leicester, Burnley and QPR. All 3 got promoted.
This time last season the teams in the bottom 3 were Yeovil, Barnsley and Bolton. Only Bolton escaped.

The Championship is a bit different this season though. At the top, no-one is running away with it and at the bottom, there's only Blackpool who really look out of their depth. Last season, it was clear from quite early on that Leicester and Burnley would take some catching and that QPR would have the resources to compete for promotion and at the other end, Yeovil and Barnsley were always likely to struggle. Nonetheless, Derby ended up finishing 3rd in the division and at this stage of the season, I would imagine they would've been no better off than halfway.

By the time you get to December, the table will be a more accurate barometer this season because out of the cluster of teams near the top of the table, it is more likely by then that 1 or 2 of them will have established themselves as the clear leaders and it will probably be the same at the other end. If Brighton were to win 4 or 5 matches on the spin between now and then, they will shoot up the table.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here