Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

some of our supporters need to grow a backbone

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
yes,yes I know its bad, but why so many detracting threads on here
FFS grow a backbone.
stop moaning and get behind the management and players and stop behaving like a load of silly screaming girls, its not going to change anytime soon.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Grow a backbone yourself and except we're shite at the moment but when SAMMI is gone "THINGS CAN ONLY GET BETTER"
Plus we need a striker on loan otherwise doesn't matter who the manager is

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Grow a backbone yourself and except we're shite at the moment but when SAMMI is gone "THINGS CAN ONLY GET BETTER"
Plus we need a striker on loan otherwise doesn't matter who the manager is

Normally I don't agree with you too often but on this one, 100% correct.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
The Championship doesn't really take shape until the end of November/beginning of December. If Brighton are still 20th once the Christmas decorations are up, then it's time to worry. I doubt they will be though. Regardless, matching last season's play-off finish was always going to be a tall order this season after the loss of Ulloa and Kuszczak and another change of manager. Having a regular goalscorer in the ranks will enable Brighton to climb the table and at least get to around halfway.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
FFS grow a backbone.
stop moaning and get behind the management and players and stop behaving like a load of silly screaming girls, its not going to change anytime soon.

Can you supply us with a couple of black cats to walk across the pitch pre-match?!!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Some of our supporters need to grow some eyes in their head and develop their shitdar.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I think we've done enough "postur-ating" about the spine of our team, to quote Sami almost vertebraetum, "baffling".

Don't get me started

One Nation under CCTV
Jul 24, 2007
Personally my backbone has fully grown. My gripe is paying top dollar to watch bargain basement, then they have the audacity to try and flog me a shirt at half time. Sorry mate I am simply not enjoying the "matchday experience" as a customer paying well over a grand for 2 tickets to watch that slop. And before you say it I have been a season ticket holder for 10 years + and watched the dross games that was Mickey Adams second coming.

mickybha

Jan 2, 2010
yes,yes i know its bad, but why so many detracting threads on here
ffs grow a backbone.
Stop moaning and get behind the management and players and stop behaving like a load of silly screaming girls, its not going to change anytime soon.

true supporter !!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
FFS grow a backbone.

You weren't there were you? Conceding soft goals and rubbish finishing seem to be the norm at the AMEX but the lack of desire, cluelessness in possession and players standing around rather than making space was not acceptable yesterday. We didn't actually switch to top gear until the 88th minute or whenever it was we scored. It really was a piss poor performance.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
I think raising the entrance fee is a bit of a dubious gamble. A chunk of fans are only going to wear it if the team are mainly winning. Of course if you don't raise th cost and the team does badly, at least you have a bit of goodwill to fall back on. As it happens the punter is obviously going to feel short changed.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
its not going to change anytime soon.

If you are correct, watch our attendance's drop like stone. We cannot afford that so things will change soon, either Sami will get the team playing better, or Sami will be gone.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
The Championship doesn't really take shape until the end of November/beginning of December. If Brighton are still 20th once the Christmas decorations are up, then it's time to worry. I doubt they will be though. Regardless, matching last season's play-off finish was always going to be a tall order this season after the loss of Ulloa and Kuszczak and another change of manager. Having a regular goalscorer in the ranks will enable Brighton to climb the table and at least get to around halfway.
It was always said that you ignore the table until six games in, then that the table begins to tell a story after 10 games, we have now played 12. You want to extend the grace period until mid December, how deep into the sand do you want your head to go?

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
The club should be more concerned with getting the supporters through the gates for the football than the 'match day experience' right now. Our visitors yesterday know only too well what can happen to attendances when the football on offer is not up to scratch.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Yes we were dire yesterday. But we had some dire games last season too ( remember Barnsley?) The problem comes if you are consistently dire, and we haven't been. But the tactics, or the team, or both, just look wrong at the moment.

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
I think it's more the players who need to grow a backbone. Before the first goal we had made a half decent start but once that went in we started to drift. After half time the situation was exactly the same. O'Grady came on and had a couple of decent touches but then they scored again. Heads went down and the game died until we scored just before the end. For me the most telling moment came when there was a stoppage in play about ten minutes from time. Several Middlesbrough came over to their bench for instructions from their bench- none of our players did- and none of our "coaching" staff left their seats! Fighting for survival? Not this lot!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Yes we were dire yesterday. But we had some dire games last season too ( remember Barnsley?) The problem comes if you are consistently dire, and we haven't been. But the tactics, or the team, or both, just look wrong at the moment.

We have been fairly consistently dire, I would say.

We have won twice. Two games. A quarter of the season has gone and we are looking more clueless as time goes on.

This season, I have enjoyed two games. Bolton was fun, and made me optimistic, and Cardiff was ok too. Apart from that, it has been dire. Consistently.

And that shirt business...it just makes you think, do I want to do this anymore?

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
FFS grow a backbone.

There's a beach outside my window come down and bury your head in the sand!

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
We have been fairly consistently dire, I would say.

We have won twice. Two games. A quarter of the season has gone and we are looking more clueless as time goes on.

This season, I have enjoyed two games. Bolton was fun, and made me optimistic, and Cardiff was ok too. Apart from that, it has been dire. Consistently.

And that shirt business...it just makes you think, do I want to do this anymore?
I think I missed the shirt business. What happened?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here