Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baldock. What exactly does he do?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I counted two touches, but I think there may have been three. Did no-one give him the ball or was he rubbish?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I think he received the ball to his feet on 1 occasion, predictably he shanked it. If the poor bloke never sees the ball he's unlikely to be prolific for us.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
After about 20 minutes he touched the ball. I said I would buy my mate if he scored with header, and I would buy him a pint if he crawled through the defender's legs.

He did not fall over like CMS.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
His entire afternoon was spent chasing dinked balls over the top, which their CB's gobbled up effortlessly.

We really are an absolute piece of PISS to defend against.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
NSC match report. If you're a big fan of Baldock, I'd recommend you don't read it.

http://www.northstandchat.com/content.php?289-Albion-v-Middlesbrough-18-10-2014

When finally the Albion fashioned a genuinely good opening, Baldock wasted it. Bennett drove into the box, much as Reach had done for Boro, and pulled it back - on a plate for the ex-Bristol striker to open his Albion account. His weak, misdirected side-foot effort never looked like taking the chance. Truly woeful.

The only other chance he had, when Calderon squared to him from the opposite side, he inexplicably ducked the responsibility - leaving the ball to a team-mate who it was never going to reach. Strikers thrive on confidence. Baldock looks bereft of it, and he's certainly not thriving. He scored for fun last season so there's clearly ability there. Fingers crossed we get to see it soon.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He's got no confidence, and he's getting no service. He's probably thinking "this was not in the brochure", so take your pick.

CMS will be saying "welcome to the club mate".

Rot.

He missed the sitter, not the scouts, nor Hyypia. That's his job.

Can't blame the service, when he ****s up when they put it on a plate.

I can't believe we paid money for him and I can't believe it was Sami's fervent wish to sign a League 1 player either

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
His one chance today was put so horribly wide that he almost got away with it being a layoff to COG on the right edge of the 6 yard box. May be hard for him to be sharp after a 4 week lay off and not seeing the ball all game, but that should've been buried.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Rot.

He missed the sitter, not the scouts, nor Hyypia. That's his job.

Can't blame the service, when he ****s up when they put it on a plate.

When the "service" provides him with one chance in 90 minutes, he's probably entitled to think "I thought I might get a few more chances here".

I'm not saying he's blameless, but our buildup play is so frigging ponderous that most teams could build the best part of a new housing estate (plus plumbing) in front of us before we even think of getting the ball in their box.

PROTASM

Jul 20, 2008
he does what the manager tells him to that why he looks shit but ive seen him play before and he was superb try to remember the players are just doing as they are told

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here