Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A question for the Ashley Barnes detractors

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
In hindsight, do you think you might have been overly harsh? Would you take him back now and if not, which one of our four strikers would you play ahead of him?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
He's gone. Move on.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
He's gone. Move on.

I'm still pissed off with the treatment he got. A workhorse like him might make a difference right now. I have no idea why he was derided by so many and the club just let him go. Games like today show what we are missing

Trelford Mills Guide Dog

Jun 14, 2008
We certainly miss his effort and application (sadly lacking today) ... but not sure he's the answer to our current lack of goals.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
There is something quite toxic about our fans "support"

- booing at half time/full time
- the north stand exodus
- the ironic clapping of the shot on target in the second half
- the lack of patience with young players like Barnes and JFC

None of this helps

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I'm still pissed off with the treatment he got. A workhorse like him might make a difference right now. I have no idea why he was derided by so many and the club just let him go. Games like today show what we are missing

Bloody hell! A sensible opinion !!
Spot on, I agree.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
In hindsight, do you think you might have been overly harsh? Would you take him back now and if not, which one of our four strikers would you play ahead of him?

If the goals were a fraction bigger and he did not keep hitting the post when he should really have scored. Too many times.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
If the goals were a fraction bigger and he did not keep hitting the post when he should really have scored. Too many times.

Like him hitting the bar today for Burnley :thumbsup:. Know what you mean but he had the ability to make things happen, create something out of nothing. The current crop look inept

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
You knew what the thread was about, why open it if you're not going to make a worthwhile contribution?

...you've been on this forum before, you should know how it works. Besides, none of us are perfect :wink:

A question for the Jonathan Obika/Leroy Lita detractors....etc etc

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

No.

No.

None, as they are not good enough either. Now move on you lovesick teenager.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Nope. For all those saying you wait and see, we'll regret it blah blah he's really setting the world on fire at Burnley isn't he... We need a goal scorer, he isn't one.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
A question for the Jonathan Obika/Leroy Lita detractors....etc etc

Ridiculous comparison, are you seriously comparing Barnes a player who played 4 years with us, with loan failures?

Yes, we badly miss Barnes for his application alone. One of his detractors more or less admitted it to me today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here