Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did anyone else think the refereeing was very shit today

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It wasn't the best but not the worst. Only major decision I thoughthemight have got wrong was not giving Boro a penalty but hard to tell from my angle.

Also thought he could have played on early on when Baldock was nearly clear but to be fair it was a head injury.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It was Andy Durso!

And allowing for that, he did ok. However the old shit looks like age is catching up on him I didn't recognize him.

seagulls united

Apr 8, 2014
lancing
Oh yes I agree we played terrible like always , we seemed to be so much better last year it's not just Sami's fault the team haven't really gelled since day one I don't think they ever will gel but hey ho at least it wasn't pissing down with rain

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
was that in the first half when there player dived?

That is how I saw it , I also saw the replay on the press screen and it still looked like a dive. The ref should have given a penalty or booked their forward though.

I can't decide if the ref let them bully us or whether we are just a bunch of lightweights.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
What about when Lua Lua was on the break and he was pulled and pushed by their defender who was already on a booking? D'Urso is a shyte referee.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
That is how I saw it , I also saw the replay on the press screen and it still looked like a dive. The ref should have given a penalty or booked their forward though.

have to say i was very surprised he wasn't booked....that and Tomlins go at Bennett in the first half ...Kike's dive in the second half...but i''m becoming bitter now :lol:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
If the foul was bad enough in the first minute that he stopped the possible goal attempting advantage then it was a yellow card offence. Had he done that then their players might have thought twice about kicking Tex out of the game which they succeeded to then do.

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
If the foul was bad enough in the first minute that he stopped the possible goal attempting advantage then it was a yellow card offence. Had he done that then their players might have thought twice about kicking Tex out of the game which they succeeded to then do.

Totally this. D'Urso was culpable for condoning their harsh targeting of Tex by doing nothing on the 1st 2 occasions he got absolutely clattered. When he did finally show a yellow on the 3rd time, the damage was literally done.

He then produced a yellow on the 1st occasion we committed a dubious challenge in the 2nd half. So much for consistency.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009

I thought that was a cop out on his part. He didn't blow for a foul until Baldock was taken out by the last defender, when he would have had a clear run at goal. Then gave the foul on Tex because he would have had to send the defender off otherwise.
IMO, had middlesboro cleared the ball, nothing would have been given.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here