Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Still Had a Good Day

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Had a great day.

The sun was out, and I went for a lovely cycle in the morning with some mates. Sussex was beautiful in the Autumn sunshine.

Beer and the remnants of last night's Nishat take away at lunch. Left home at 2.20, Amex at 2.45.

Shit game.

Home by 5.15, visits from various friends, more beer and now David Byrne on Sky Arts.

Yes, it's been a good day.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can only think of one other thing I'd rather be doing, so on balance, yes a good day was had.

So much so in fact I'll be back next week.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I always enjoy a day out at the footy; I try not to let the result define my enjoyment.

The pretending to score a goal chant/cheer by the NW corner was amusing. And their singing kept going all game, despite the poor performance.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Met Boris Johnson at Horsham Train Station so that brightened up my evening somewhat!

We were rather shit but on the whole an enjoyable day. As the guy behind me said, compared to all the time we've spent in League 1 and 2, being a bit rubbish in the championship is comparatively dreamland!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Due to my severe insomnia this morning, I was up and about at 4am. By 6am I had smashed out my weights session, cycled to work to catch up on a few bits and bobs. Then ran the Preston Park Parkrun in my new PB of 19:51 (previous best was 19:55), cycled to my dads for lunch and then cycled off to the Amex for a game of football against, in my opinion, the best team in the league. When I got there the band were in the middle of their set, which I stood and enjoyed before taking my seat and having a good read of the programme and natter with my neighbour. The match was decent, the result a shame, but the cycle home was pleasant and there's MOTD to look forward to.

A cracking day, I would suggest. And if I can sleep beyond 4am tomorrow morning, I'll be so happy I could cry.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
8.5 hour round trip. £68 in petrol. £11 parking. £45 ticket. Pint and a pie.

All to us see us play total, total shite, with either no game plan at all, or 11 players refusing to play the manager's game plan (hmmm...trouble at t'mill?) No, I did not have a good time.

I'll be back for more though. Obviously.

8.5 hour round trip. £68 in petrol. £11 parking. £45 ticket. Pint and a pie.

All to us see us play total, total shite, with either no game plan at all, or 11 players refusing to play the manager's game plan (hmmm...trouble at t'mill?) No, I did not have a good time.

I'll be back for more though. Obviously.

Please go to one of the other threads and vent your displeasure.

With all due respect Mr Moderator, Sir.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'm thinking about going again on Tuesday night! Just got a few work things that need finishing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here