Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baldock

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I'm willing him to do well but after two months I really can't see what he has to offer. Great chance to get off the mark today and he fluffed it badly. And generally did very little else.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As a great man once said, (well 25 hours ago to be precise):-

Anyone with half a brain would know if there is any heavy weight of expectation it's on the midfield and full backs to provide more than one meaningful chance in the first 90 mins, and a load of panicky flashes across the box in injury time.

Yes I am tired, and yes that does make me grumpy.

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
I'm willing him to do well but after two months I really can't see what he has to offer. Great chance to get off the mark today and he fluffed it badly. And generally did very little else.

Ok he missed a good chance today but then so did and have others previously! Gardner had a easier chance in first 5/10 mins today! Do not forget he is playing in a team where the onus is on the full backs to do most of the attacking? Is he going to get any quality service from this way? He didnt get much to work with today! We are not playing to the strengths of our strikers! No width,no counter attack, and no one getting behind defences.Our system is alarming at times? And a worry! Start 2 of our strikers as full backs,you never know!! Also teams have sussed out the system we play, both Boro goals came from channels after our full backs had bombed on! Back to basics please!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Most of these two months have been written off to crappy international breaks. Very difficult to get any kind of GEL going under such circumstances. Having said that, he does look particularly lightweight and anonymous.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
A bit like CMS, play him in the system we use, they bring **** all to the team.

Set the side up to Baldock or CMS strengths, they will score goals.

Don't blame the player. Blame the tactics and systems.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
NosSTATdamus was on fire last night:-

It doesn't matter who the nippy forward reliant on the 'assist' pass is, what matters is actually getting the pass.

Hopefully the imaginary wall 25 yards out has been taken down.
Perhaps T'shearer has learned to pass.
Maybe we'll stop shooting, pointlessly, from 30 yards.
Who knows crossing to the teammate instead of row z will be prioritised.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Most of these two months have been written off to crappy international breaks. Very difficult to get any kind of GEL going under such circumstances. Having said that, he does look particularly lightweight and anonymous.
I just remember a West Hammer on this site saying Baldock was the unsung hero on their promotion push. I like the cut of his jib at the moment...give him a chance...just back from injury and needs a bit longer. But patience does run out.

Aug 23, 2011
Ok he missed a good chance today but then so did and have others previously! Gardner had a easier chance in first 5/10 mins today! Do not forget he is playing in a team where the onus is on the full backs to do most of the attacking? Is he going to get any quality service from this way? He didnt get much to work with today! We are not playing to the strengths of our strikers! No width,no counter attack, and no one getting behind defences.Our system is alarming at times? And a worry! Start 2 of our strikers as full backs,you never know!! Also teams have sussed out the system we play, both Boro goals came from channels after our full backs had bombed on! Back to basics please!

That crossed my mind too :)

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
What our wide players should realise is that he's about 5' 7" and not 7' 5" so all those high balls into him were worthless against the big centre backs. It was crying out for passing and running today and it did not happen.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Had no chance in the first half today given the service he had. He is not a line hold up striker, not his fault just bad team selection. The one chance he had to shine was playing with O'Grady so what do we do? Play him on the wing and in midfield where he had nothing to offer. Guess who I bame.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Another CMS, and if he smiles a lot, signs autographs and shuttle sprints in a vain attempt to close down defenders, he too will bizarrely be a fans favourite. Both flops in the Championship-level goal scoring department (their job).

But doesn't help when crosses and high balls are played into a 5'7" front man.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Of all our strikers like Baldock the best but we need to play him in a system that suits him, trying to pay him as a target man centre forward is never going to work.

scooter1

How soon is now?
What our wide players should realise is that he's about 5' 7" and not 7' 5" so all those high balls into him were worthless against the big centre backs. It was crying out for passing and running today and it did not happen.
For a little fella, he's got a decent leap and won a few headers today that CMS would not have. However, the system we're attempting to play doesn't suit him, and we are so easy to defend against(again). Our only creative outlet today was Lua Lua, and he's not that creative if you put two defenders on him and pull him down.
Today was poor, Hyppia needs to watch the video and rethink his tactics, because it's currently not working

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here