Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Attendance today

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Whatever they announce IS actual. It's based on cards read through gates. As far as I've seen so far. the stadium always looks like there are around 3,500 to 4,500 missing.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Whatever they announce IS actual. It's based on cards read through gates. As far as I've seen so far. the stadium always looks like there are around 3,500 to 4,500 missing.

WRONG!

Announced 'attendance' is actual tickets sold.
NOT people through the gates.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
You sure it's not tickets sold?

To what end would they benefit from doing this?.

Unless a few thousand season ticket holders decide not to turn up, attendance figures released will always be close to actual total.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

Unless a few thousand season ticket holders decide not to turn up, attendance figures released will always be close to actual total.

You've answered your own question there.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

It is tickets sold so if a STH does not attend the actual game they did buy a ticket therefore are part of the announced crowd number

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

See other responses. I think I read somewhere it's a directive, all clubs do the same.

I'd think you can knock off 2500-3000 or so no shows from todays announcement, given train disruptions

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
It is tickets sold so if a STH does not attend the actual game they did buy a ticket therefore are part of the announced crowd number

But What's the point!. How can they be part of the Attendance if they don't go!.
Should be interesting today though, with pay on the gate, and lots of kids for a £1

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Under 25,000, just over 24,000 paying customers. Well below Norwich and averaging less than Derby and Forest as well. Gates could slip below that of Wednesday and Leeds.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
But What's the point!. How can they be part of the Attendance if they don't go!.
Should be interesting today though, with pay on the gate, and lots of kids for a £1

The point is quite simple in my view, it inflates the attendance figure for the match.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
See other responses. I think I read somewhere it's a directive, all clubs do the same.

I'd think you can knock off 2500-3000 or so no shows from todays announcement, given train disruptions

UH Oh.. Train disruptions!.

There's no way I'm going by bus!.. The Brighton & Hove bus company are spiraling down fast, 10 Drivers from the Lewis Road garage resigned last week, and half of those were on bendy bus rota's.

The service along lewis road will be terrible.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here