Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
hyypia-171014-ld229-2022237_478x359.jpg

Sami Hyypia
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
08:00 18th October 2014
by James Hilsum
Statistics are not important as what you do on the pitch and how you play on the day is the most important thing. "
Sami Hyypia

Sami Hyypia says that Brighton & Hove Albion’s home record against Middlesbrough won't impact him or his team as they prepare for the SkyBet Championship match at the Amex on Saturday.
Boro are unbeaten on their three visits to the Amex to date, but Hyypia says that the statistics are of not of any concern to him going into the match.
He told seagulls.co.uk, "I am told that they are a bogey team, but I didn't know that and I don't really care about statistics or what has happened in the past.
"Two years ago when I was Leverkusen manager, we went to play in Munich and we hadn't won there for 25 to 30 years and people were asking me how I felt about that.
"Statistics are not important as what you do on the pitch and how you play on the day is the most important thing.
"We won that match 2-1 against Munich, so statistics are there to be broken and you just need to prepare for every game at 100 per cent.
"If by 90 minutes all the players have done everything possible to win the game then I am happy, even if the score is not what we wanted."

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

The Albion manager is also relishing taking on the Teessiders and believes it is an ideal challenge for the squad to test themselves against one of in-form teams so far this season.
"They are a good team and everyone expected them to be there or thereabouts. It doesn't really worry me to play against good teams, as it’s a good challenge for us to show that we can be better than some of the best teams in the league.
"I look at it as another opportunity to show what we can do and to get our first three points for a while. We've spoken before that it's a long season but you can't say that forever. We need to get results, but I believe we are heading in the right direction and I'm not too worried.
"If we continue in this way, the results will come for sure and I wouldn't like to change our style only to get results.
"I know that in this profession results are everything, but I believe that we can pick up wins with this style. We have a lot of faith in the players that we will start to score goals from our chances and then we will get results."[h=3]ALBION V MIDDLESBROUGH
[/h]SATURDAY 18TH OCTOber, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V ROTHERHAM
[/h]SATURDAY 25th OCTOBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v WIGAN
[/h]tuESDAY 4TH NOVEMber, kick-off 7:45pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here