Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argus - Sami thinks Paddy "needs to be concentrated on his defensive side"

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I don't think your analogy is a fair representation of what Sami is quoted as saying. He's saying he wants Paddy to take his fair share of defensive duties as well as attack, not stop attacking and start defending.

I think his final sentence is interesting. I read that as saying he's unlikely to start with all three of Paddy, Kaz & Tex. A further implication is that Paddy is the one likely to be left out until he tracks back more when the opposition have the ball.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I don't think your analogy is a fair representation of what Sami is quoted as saying. He's saying he wants Paddy to take his fair share of defensive duties as well as attack, not stop attacking and start defending.

Why does he insist on Paddy doing defensive duties when we have full backs to do that? ...... oh, I forgot, the full backs are up in attack doing the jobs of wingers.

"Confused? You will be!" was the catchphrase repeated after the plot summary at the beginning of each episode of "Soap" a TV comedy from the late 70s which was a satire on American daytime soap operas. Very funny programme, for those of you that remember it. Anyway the catchphrase applies quite well to the Albion's present on-field formation with midfielders defending, full backs attacking, and centre backs scoring all the goals.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Why does he insist on Paddy doing defensive duties when we have full backs to do that? ...... oh, I forgot, the full backs are up in attack doing the jobs of wingers.

"Confused? You will be!" was the catchphrase repeated after the plot summary at the beginning of each episode of "Soap" a TV comedy from the late 70s which was a satire on American daytime soap operas. Very funny programme, for those of you that remember it. Anyway the catchphrase applies quite well to the Albion's present on-field formation with midfielders defending, full backs attacking, and centre backs scoring all the goals.

Again, I don't think he's saying that. I think he's saying that he expects ALL players to defend when the oppo have the ball - defend from the front. He's unhappy with Paddy's desire/ability to do his bit; s'all.

I totally agree with your second para. It's been a bit of a cluster; however, there are signs that the players are starting to get it. We'll see!

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Has it not occurred to managers that attackers who have been tracking back and then getting forward, might just be slightly out of breath and losing that half yard of pace and sharpness. Might explain the lack of chances being put away. Just saying like.

oh sami sami

Sep 2, 2014
Just play him on his position! Let him play the style paddy wants to repeat what he did last time. I'm a bit disappointed by this, Hyypia is changing things-not in a good way :(

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Might be nice if he can give him a start to see how he reacts ... only time I've seen him is being brought on for the last x minutes when we were going all out for a win, and hardly enough time to even get into the game

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here