Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alex Revell is exactly the striker we need

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
MoM in the Rotherham-Leeds game. Watched the 2nd half and he played extremely well. Excellent header of the ball. Wins headers when he doesn't deserve to. Holds the ball up better than anyone in our current squad. Has bags of energy ... still. And scores goals. First one since Wembley in May, but very good goal and could have had a couple more. Never did figure out why we let him go. From his performance tonight we clearly shouldn't have done.

He is exactly what we need.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He proved that he was not good enough when with us previously and that was in League 1 or 2.

You can't remember whether he played for us in League 1 or 2, but you can remember that he wasn't good enough?
It was only 6 years ago and we haven't been in League 2 since 2001.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Vossen or Soriano or Murray or similar was the striker we needed, not Alex Revell.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You can't remember whether he played for us in League 1 or 2, but you can remember that he wasn't good enough?
It was only 6 years ago and we haven't been in League 2 since 2001.

Sorry got carried away he was with us in Div 1 then left for Southend and was loaned out to Div 2 clubs and wasnt good enough for them either. Missed out after with us in Div 1 and then in Div 2, when typing?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
He proved that he was not good enough when with us previously and that was in League 1 or 2.

As far as I'm concerned he never "proved that he was not good enough" and I was always surprised we let him go. Tonight his all round performance was very very good and he offered something that none of our current strikers do ... a tall dominant number 9 who wins headers and holds the ball up.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sorry got carried away he was with us in Div 1 then left for Southend and was loaned out to Div 2 clubs and wasnt good enough for them either. Missed out after with us in Div 1 and then in Div 2, when typing?

He went on loan to Swindon (league 1) and Wycombe (league 2) then to Orient (league 1) and on to Rotherham, so he had just 10 games at Wycombe. He is a good league 1 player.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I'm really pleased he had a good game tonight, especially as it was against Dirty Leeds. Why are so many sniping?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
MoM in the Rotherham-Leeds game. Watched the 2nd half and he played extremely well. Excellent header of the ball. Wins headers when he doesn't deserve to. Holds the ball up better than anyone in our current squad. Has bags of energy ... still. And scores goals. First one since Wembley in May, but very good goal and could have had a couple more. Never did figure out why we let him go. From his performance tonight we clearly shouldn't have done.

He is exactly what we need.

8/10

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I'm always happy to see an ex-Albion player do well..but to say that a player who has only just scored his first of the season on the 17th October is 'exactly what we need' is laughable :lolol:

He's not quite what we need but alas I'd probably take him over some of our current options

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Indeed. It's exactly what we've got already!

And which of our current strikers is it that can regularly win headers?

And which one holds the ball up and lays it off? O'Grady maybe, but not as well as Revell, and anyway Sami wants rid of him!

Would be interested to know who it is who you think already does this for us. No one that I can think of.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here