Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
greer-l229-2021615_478x359.jpg

Gordon Greer
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
16:00 17th October 2014
by James Hilsum
I probably wouldn't be in the position I am in now, playing for Scotland, if Brighton hadn't done so well."
Gordon Greer
Gordon Greer has put his recent call-up to the Scotland squad down to his form at club level with Brighton & Hove Albion.The Albion skipper made his competitive debut for Gordon Strachan’s side on Tuesday night against Poland, and says that Albion’s success over the last few seasons has reignited his and many others’ international careers at the club.
He told seagulls.co.uk, "Over the last few years we have done really well. I probably wouldn't be in the position I am in now, playing for Scotland, if Brighton hadn't done so well.
"I think that's the same for a lot of players. Brighton is the same focus for all of us. Hopefully we can keep performing well for the club and then the international honours come after that.
“Now I’m back, raring to go and looking forward to Saturday. It will be good to see all the lads and staff.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Greer now turns his focus back to Albion and is confident that the team will get some points on the board with a busy period of four matches in the space of 11 days.“We’re heading into a busy time and have been playing well, so now it’s about getting the results.
“In the last few games the performances have shown that and we’ll be going out on Saturday, hopefully with a good performance and get the three points.
“We’ve had opportunities in the games where we should’ve probably scored a couple more goals and if we had done that, then we would’ve probably won a couple more games.”
Up next for Albion is the visit of high-flying Middlesbrough to the Amex and the Scotsman says the side should relish taking on the Teesiders.
“They’re a good side, as they were last year, but they’ve added a lot of quality in the summer and it will be a tough game for us.
“It should be a really good game and will be another big test for us, but these are the games that everybody looks forward to.”
[h=3]ALBION V MIDDLESBROUGH
[/h]SATURDAY 18TH OCTOber, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V ROTHERHAM
[/h]SATURDAY 25th OCTOBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v WIGAN
[/h]tuESDAY 4TH NOVEMber, kick-off 7:45pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here