Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
marrs-ld229-2021706_478x359.jpg

James Marrs
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
13:30 17th October 2014
by James Hilsum
I am looking for the girls to put in a professional performance and build on a superb display at Derby last week."
James Marrs
Brighton & Hove Albion Women’s manager James Marrs is looking for a professional performance from his side as they begin their Sussex Challenge Cup campaign at Wivelsfield Green on Sunday, kick-off 2pm.The Seagulls will be going into the match looking to erase the memory of last season’s 3-0 final defeat to Chichester as they bid to regain the trophy.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “I am looking for the girls to put in a professional performance and build on a superb display at Derby last week.
“We’ll be putting out a strong team on the day and won’t be taking any risks whatsoever.
“After what happened last season, I’m sure that all the players will go for the victory and give us the best possible chance of winning the trophy back.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Much has been made of the big scorelines in the competition, with the Seagulls claiming a 17-0 victory over Worthing Town en route to last season’s final.Marrs insists that this has had no bearing on his pre-match preparations and says his squad have trained as hard as ever going into the match.
“The attitude of all the players has been spot-on this week. Everyone is raring to go and fighting for a place in the starting line-up.
“Regardless of who we play, our preparation is exactly the same and we treat all our opponents with the respect they deserve.
“Wivelsfield will go into the game with the attitude of having nothing to lose and I’m sure they will put in a determined performance.
“Therefore it is up to us to remain focused and show what we can do.”
Lauren Davis has returned to training following a toe injury, while Vicky Ashton-Jones remains the only long-term absentee with a knee problem.
[h=3]ALBION V MIDDLESBROUGH
[/h] SATURDAY 18TH OCTOber, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V ROTHERHAM
[/h] SATURDAY 25th OCTOBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v WIGAN
[/h] tuESDAY 4TH NOVEMber, kick-off 7:45pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here