Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
alan-l229-982355_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
14:40 17th October 2014
by Tom Irving
I'm going home with a smile on my face, knowing we've raised a lot of money."
Alan Mullery

Brighton & Hove Albion legend Alan Mullery was on hand to lend his support for Albion in the Community's first-ever charity golf tournament, with all the funds going towards Jadey's Dream.

Wednesday's event at Goodwood golf course was attended by several teams of AITC fundraisers alongside the ex-Albion boss, who fielded his own team as part of the day's competition.
Mullery told seagulls.co.uk, "Everybody played really well today, and it was a smashing day. The course was in an immaculate condition."I'm going home with a smile on my face, knowing we've raised a lot of money."
The golf day was able to raise almost £5,000 for Jadey’s Dream, a fundraising appeal fronted by Jadey Yesilada that aims to help AITC expand its disability sports programme, giving more disabled people the chance to take part in sport across Sussex.

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Leading up to the event, AITC held a blind auction, giving people the chance to play alongside Mullery on the day.Highest bidder David Weir told AITC of his delight at playing alongside the legend, "It's been a great day out, all for a worthwhile cause, and I was able to meet one of my idols, Alan Mullery.
Once the tournament had concluded, Mullery’s team were crowned the eventual winners, but there were no losers to be found on the day as all fundraisers were able to enjoy the benefits the members-only Downs club had to offer, including a meal and charity auction at the end of the day in a private dining room.
Jadey Yesilada told seagulls.co.uk, "For people to come and show their support to Jadey's Dream is amazing.
"Although we are supported by the club, most of the funding we have to apply for ourselves. So days like this, when people pull together and help us makes me feel proud to be part of the club and AITC."
[h=3]ALBION V MIDDLESBROUGH
[/h]SATURDAY 18TH OCTOber, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V ROTHERHAM
[/h]SATURDAY 25th OCTOBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v WIGAN
[/h]tuESDAY 4TH NOVEMber, kick-off 7:45pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here