Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hosham UKIP public meeting tonight in Horsham at 19:30

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
On Friday 17th October, UKIP will begin its Horsham campaign for the 2015 General and District Council Elections, with a meeting at North Heath Village Hall, St Mark’s Lane, Horsham RH12 5PJ at 7.30pm. Whether you disagree with what you think UKIP stand for, it's worth turning up to see the UKIP candidate for Horsham. I have spoken to him and he is articulate and has the interests of people in Horsham at heart. I'm going to throw a few questions at him.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
I wouldn't have put Horsham down as real UKIP territory, it's too affluent. If UKIP make real inroads in constituencies like Horsham then the Tories are in dire straits.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I wouldn't have put Horsham down as real UKIP territory, it's too affluent. If UKIP make real inroads in constituencies like Horsham then the Tories are in dire straits.

Agreed, he has a lot of work to do but it appears that the majority for the Tories is ever shrinking. He estimated that if they had an election today, he would be within 5000 of the Tories.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
On Friday 17th October, UKIP will begin its Horsham campaign for the 2015 General and District Council Elections, with a meeting at North Heath Village Hall, St Mark’s Lane, Horsham RH12 5PJ at 7.30pm. Whether you disagree with what you think UKIP stand for, it's worth turning up to see the UKIP candidate for Horsham. I have spoken to him and he is articulate and has the interests of people in Horsham at heart. I'm going to throw a few questions at him.

UKIP deserve all the support they can get, a party who answers to its own constituents first and foremost rather than a party who answers to its whips in parliament first like others do.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Will they be attached to a brick?

No but I would suggest it's people like yourself that need to go to meetings like this to see if your prejudices are justified?

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
No but I would suggest it's people like yourself that need to go to meetings like this to see if your prejudices are justified?
I'd suggest the complete reverse, there is absolutely no help for people such as this as they suffer narrow mindedness and complete tunnel vision.

Firefly

GTAV NSC Crew
Apr 8, 2010
I met the Ukip guy, he knocked on our door and we had a nice chat / exchange of views. I dont argee with a lot of what he says e.g. he is no fan of Gay Marriage, However he is a former local buniness man with strong connections to the area. And he is doing the thing all politians should be doing, knocking on doors chatting to the voters and hosting public meetings.
When was the last time anyone saw Francis Maude (Sp?) come to town. I would rather be represented by a local who is interested in what i have to say rather than a multi - million are who couldnt give a toss about the people he represent and is more interested in his cabinet career.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I met the Ukip guy, he knocked on our door and we had a nice chat / exchange of views. I dont argee with a lot of what he says e.g. he is no fan of Gay Marriage, However he is a former local buniness man with strong connections to the area. And he is doing the thing all politians should be doing, knocking on doors chatting to the voters and hosting public meetings.
When was the last time anyone saw Francis Maude (Sp?) come to town. I would rather be represented by a local who is interested in what i have to say rather than a multi - million are who couldnt give a toss about the people he represent and is more interested in his cabinet career.

You got the wrong chap. He does knock on doors and chats with people. But he is not a local businessman and I know he has no issue with Gay marriage. His issue was with the timing the issue was addressed.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I'd suggest the complete reverse, there is absolutely no help for people such as this as they suffer narrow mindedness and complete tunnel vision.

I hear what you are saying but imho it is important to try and breakdown the uneducated stereotyping associated with the way UKIP is perceived. Their old guard is history and also very questionable. The new UKIP blood has a lot of very good people who care about the areas they are representing. They are desperate to represent the local people well.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Narrow mindedness and tunnel vision is having such a strong opinion and at the same time saying that you don't need to go to the meeting because of how right you know you are.

To the discerning observer, the ugly and reactionary politics is actually being thrown at UKIP, not by them.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Agreed, he has a lot of work to do but it appears that the majority for the Tories is ever shrinking. He estimated that if they had an election today, he would be within 5000 of the Tories.

The Tories are 1/100 for that seat, you seem ripe for his propaganda, have fun

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Narrow mindedness and tunnel vision is having such a strong opinion and at the same time saying that you don't need to go to the meeting because of how right you know you are.

To the discerning observer, the ugly and reactionary politics is actually being thrown at UKIP, not by them.

The mindless hoard are always fearful of change. It takes a long time to convince them to think and actually educate themselves rather than follow without thinking.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
I hear what you are saying but imho it is important to try and breakdown the uneducated stereotyping associated with the way UKIP is perceived. Their old guard is history and also very questionable. The new UKIP blood has a lot of very good people who care about the areas they are representing. They are desperate to represent the local people well.
I agree with your comment "the old guard is history" but how much explaining do people actually need:facepalm:, by now there is enough information put out to know what UKIP is really about and not what it was once stereotyped as. but that's not to say I disagree with local meetings and engaging with the local community.
there are some ignorant people out there of who no matter what you or anyone says are prepared to argue the toss that 2+2=5

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I agree with your comment "the old guard is history" but how much explaining do people actually need:facepalm:, by now there is enough information put out to know what UKIP is really about and not what it was once stereotyped as. but that's not to say I disagree with local meetings and engaging with the local community.
there are some ignorant people out there of who no matter what you or anyone says are prepared to argue the toss that 2+2=5

like the comment below yours. Ask mowgli why and I would wager a lot of money that he doesn't really know.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Because of course you know what the electorate want ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here