Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyypia: f*ck defending

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Well, sort of...

Bennett is particularly enjoying the attacking role head coach Sami Hyypia has asked him to fulfil.

“He pulled me into his office just before my first game and said ‘I just want you to get forward really and show what you can do'.

"Obviously you have got to get back as well but just support the attack and even when the right-back is crossing the ball I want you to get in the box’.

“That suits my game. I loved getting forward and I am really enjoying playing at the moment.”

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/...g-brighton-suits-7949544#.VEDci9zLRoE.twitter

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Shame it isn't working - how may goals have we scored so far?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Shame it isn't working - how may goals have we scored so far?

If you've not been watching the games, that's a fair question. (I have no idea whether you have been watching or not)

I think it has started working, largely, we've just been bloody unlucky as well as lacking a bit of quality and/or cohesiveness up front. The goals will come (maybe not tomorrow though).

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If you've not been watching the games, that's a fair question. (I have no idea whether you have been watching or not)

I think it has started working, largely, we've just been bloody unlucky as well as lacking a bit of quality and/or cohesiveness up front. The goals will come (maybe not tomorrow though).

I'd agree with that other than the unlucky part perhaps. Cardiff at home I thought we played some good football and created enough to win 2 games, but our finishing wasn't unlucky, It just wasn't good enough. Watching a few of the saves back, I don't think they were quite as impressive as I thought they were on the night, well maybe a couple were, but our finishing just isn't clinical / accurate enough.

And get back to me whenever you need to.:thumbsup:

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham

This is true. To only get 4 points from Charlton, Blackpool, Watford and Cardiff was a joke. We could have easily won all of those games, and deserved to win at least two of them. Every stat (possession, shots, etc) was in our favor during all those games, apart from the one which counts :(

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'd agree with that other than the unlucky part perhaps. Cardiff at home I thought we played some good football and created enough to win 2 games, but our finishing wasn't unlucky, It just wasn't good enough. Watching a few of the saves back, I don't think they were quite as impressive as I thought they were on the night, well maybe a couple were, but our finishing just isn't clinical / accurate enough.

And get back to me whenever you need to.:thumbsup:

Can't we file that under my 'lacking a bit of quality up front' bit (although maybe I should have said 'in front of goal' instead)?

We've gone for a more right-leaning architect, thanks.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I am much prefering the football we are playing under Sami than under Oscar or Gus.

Just got to start putting away a few chances.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I am much prefering the football we are playing under Sami than under Oscar or Gus.

Just got to start putting away a few chances.

BIG FAT THIS. I think Ulloa would be having a field day with us this season. Why did we have to sell him :tantrum:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here