Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Outsourced concessions at the Amex

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
My understanding was that the concessions at the Amex are outsourced and the club did a deal for a flat fee regardless of the takings the concessions make. Does anyone know if this is the case?

I only ask because Paul Barber mentioned people's spend on food and drink suggesting it impacts on the club's income. This doesn't make sense if the club receive the same money regardless of what is sold.

I might be totally wrong, it's just hard to believe that if the club do receive a proportion of profits, they would allow the concessions to be so severely understaffed and would leave the staff so poorly trained and demotivated.

Sort out those problems and they could probably double the takings on concessions. If the club aren't actioning this and could benefit from increased takings, I really can't comprehend what is going on.

Marty___Mcfly

Sep 14, 2011
I would be interested to know how much of the profit goes to the club. For example, if I buy a pint, how much goes to the club as a percentage of the profit.. 5p?

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
As I said earlier, it's not the price it's the service/quality/availability/queueing. I would suggest my spending in this area has reduced by 50% this season and not due to cost.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Need some catering bods to clarify if more profit is made selling the Toad in the Hole meals in the posh seats for £16.99 or on a larger scale mass burgers to the hoi polloi in the normal seats. Economies of scale in getting trained staff to work faster/more efficiently against losing business with some poor staff etc etc.
Shirley some bod must be getting £50k p.a. to work this out...if he/she can't then refer to the Excel help page earlier in the posts.

Marty___Mcfly

Sep 14, 2011
It's needs more staff, and the staff need to be trained and motivated. It has always seemed like literally no one at the club on a match day gives a flying duck how much money is taken. Everyone involved seems to see fans as an inconvenience rather than the potential cash cows we clearly are.

Moo.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
... Everyone involved seems to see fans as an inconvenience rather than the potential cash cows we clearly are.

give it a rest. the chaps and chappettes behind the counter are working a few hours to help pay the rent/beer money and just want to get to the end of the shift with as little hassle as possible - probably need more training. the assistant managers and managers run around to do what they can, but wouldnt be working in the industry if they saw punters as "an inconvenience". the senior managment are running a football club, not a cash generating machine: they could make far more money employing the same time and capital in another area of the entertainment industry. no, its not running right, but its not out of spite.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here