Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] GREER'S SCOTLAND PRIDE

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011

Brighton & Hove Albion skipper Gordon Greer expressed his pride at receiving his first competitive cap for Scotland after playing in a 2-2 draw in Poland on Tuesday night.The 33-year-old played the full 90 minutes in a battling performance for the Scots, after being an unused substitute in the 1-0 win over Georgia at Ibrox last weekend.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “I’ve played a few games before but to actually get a cap from my first competitive game was a really proud moment for myself and my family.
“In the first game against Georgia, we did really well and the boys played some great stuff, so I wasn’t sure if I’d play the next game. Then Grant [Hanley] got injured and I found out I was playing, which was great. It was a great honour to play and I really enjoyed it.
“It was a big test for me. Robert Lewandowski is a fantastic striker and I knew it was going to be a tough game, but I thought that myself and the rest of the lads did really well to keep him quiet.
“When we went 2-1 up they put a lot of pressure on us and put an extra striker on so it was backs against the wall for the final 15 minutes.
“It was just disappointing that we didn’t hold on for a win, but overall I think a point over there was a decent result for us. Scotland’s group is one of the hardest groups, but we’ll be doing everything we can to qualify.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here