Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Attendance Analysis - the Amex years

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
All league games for 2012-13, 2013-14 and 2014-15 to date.

And then to include the first year at the AMEX as well when the capacity was lower.

Love a good graph.

Attachments

• Attendances 2012-2014.jpg
    Attendances 2012-2014.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 1,597
  • Attendances 2011-2014.jpg
    Attendances 2011-2014.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 1,596

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Although it looks like we have started this year badly attendance wise, the first five games against the first five games last season are only 4% down.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Who knew? Attendances peak towards the end of the season when you're in contention for the play offs.

(Just throwing this in here for the benefit of those who would complain that our attendances lately haven't matched that game against Wolves in 2013).

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Who knew? Attendances peak towards the end of the season when you're in contention for the play offs.

(Just throwing this in here for the benefit of those who would complain that our attendances lately haven't matched that game against Wolves in 2013).

Unlike you to be so positive :) . But yep you're right. That said the 6th game of last season saw a crowd of 27,000 plus which held for several games after. I'll be pleasantly surprised if we get that many on Saturday. But let's hope so.

We should certainly see the graph climb now we are firmly away from holiday season.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Unlike you to be so positive :) . But yep you're right. That said the 6th game of last season saw a crowd of 27,000 plus which held for several games after. I'll be pleasantly surprised if we get that many on Saturday. But let's hope so.

We should certainly see the graph climb now we are firmly away from holiday season.

Would guess it was someone like Leeds, or Charlton, who brought a large contingent of away fans. This is one area where attendances have inevitably been impacted: in the away end. In the first season, it was a new ground to visit for all the away teams, now that's fairly rarely the case. The novelty combined with the relatively high cost will put away fans off.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm assuming the UPDOWNUPDOWN patterns are due to Saturday games then midweek games in the same pattern?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I believe the club has to give the council the actual figures and perhaps a request under Freedom of Information would reveal all.

I suspect that they don't actually but worth a shot.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
A couple of good wins and crowds will shoot up.

But I thought winning wasn't important - wasn't everyone more concerned with style, attacking intent and basically much more entertainment than winning 1-0 in dire boring matches. We have had far more efforts on goal this season but still can't score and hence our league position. Yet had we won a few games 1-0 with the only shot all match, we'd be top 6 and attendances would be higher.

Funny old game!

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Would guess it was someone like Leeds, or Charlton, who brought a large contingent of away fans. This is one area where attendances have inevitably been impacted: in the away end. In the first season, it was a new ground to visit for all the away teams, now that's fairly rarely the case. The novelty combined with the relatively high cost will put away fans off.

Agree with this, and the 2 biggest attendances this season are where the opposition bought large contingent : Sheff Wed and Charlton. We only had 2 home games in September I think : Blackpool who could have come on one coach, and Cardiff which was an evening game.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Interesting point. If I had enough time or was sad enough to do the same with away attendances. I don't think think they will differ as much as you think.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Some fine analysis here. It'd be even better if real crowd data was available.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here