Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boro fan in peace

UTB!

Oct 15, 2014
Alright folks,
Coming down for the game on Saturday with a couple of other lads and staying over on the Saturday night. Anyone recommend any decent bars etc to visit in the city centre? We've got some digs near the station. Where is worth a visit and where should we avoid? We're all 30 something's smartly dressed and no trouble.

Looking forward to visiting the Anex for the 1st time, I've heard very good things and your apparently a friendly lot! We should bring a decent following given the distance, over 1,400 sold so far.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
It's best if you visit the Amex.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
All depends on what you call decent. If you want a chav fest pop down west street you will find Yates, Wetherspoons and god knows what else down there. Can almost guarentee it will be crap but then again most first timers in Brighton seem to like it for some apparent reason

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
You should be fine in most places. Try the north laine area and the lanes. If you want clubs, head towards the sea and follow the crowds. Enjoy the weekend but hopefully not the game!

UTB!

Oct 15, 2014
Always one comedian, predictive text! No defo don't want a chav fest, asking so we have an idea of where to go and can avoid ending up in one of those places all night as we don't know any better. We're all London based Boro fans.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Can't really go wrong in the Lanes, lots of decent boozers and a wide range of restaurants all within vomiting distance.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Ok don t go to west street.

Try bar 76 Preston street or see what is on down the concorde 2 nightclub

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Alright folks,
Coming down for the game on Saturday with a couple of other lads and staying over on the Saturday night. Anyone recommend any decent bars etc to visit in the city centre? We've got some digs near the station. Where is worth a visit and where should we avoid? We're all 30 something's smartly dressed and no trouble.

Looking forward to visiting the Anex for the 1st time, I've heard very good things and your apparently a friendly lot! We should bring a decent following given the distance, over 1,400 sold so far.

What are you looking for?
Are you ale or lager drinkers?
Are you on the pull?
What music do you like?
Are you looking for clubs as well as pubs?

Brighton's pubs and clubs cater for a lot of different tastes, it's difficult to say without a little more information.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
These threads make me chuckle. Is Brighton's nightlife spread out over twenty square km or summink? Come out of your digs and follow your nose. You can no doubt tell the difference between a good bar and a pox bar by the ambience, no? Explore a little and think for yourselves :thumbsup:

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
I must add that Middlesbrough fans are some of the most friendly I have met. All those I've spoken to have had good things to say about Brighton, our stadium and our fans.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The Sea is to the South

Its a ****ing long way.

Will the Transporter Bridge be open next spring?

Wisdom is to park and take the train in (arguable where to park?). Falmer station is very wet when it rains, need waterproof shoes.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Its a ****ing long way.

Will the Transporter Bridge be open next spring?

Wisdom is to park and take the train in (arguable where to park?). Falmer station is very wet when it rains, need waterproof shoes.

cuckoo-clock-o.gif

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Alright folks,

Always one comedian, predictive text! No defo don't want a chav fest, asking so we have an idea of where to go and can avoid ending up in one of those places all night as we don't know any better. We're all London based Boro fans.

Glad you added the London Based bit because if you were coming from Boro I'd need to warn you about the beer prices. Over a fiver for a pint of Punk IPA in a couple of places in town now. I'd recommend a crawl from the station down Trafalgar St, through the North Laine area and in to the Lanes.

I have a soft spot for Boro fans I have to admit. Two seasons ago there were a lot of you on the train back to Brighton and some of the funniest banter I've ever heard, albeit at the expense of an unfortunate kid that wouldn't stop screaming. Last season you were properly noisy as well in a season that seemed atmosphere-less, despite being on a poor run. Hopefully we won't be so dreadful this time, it really was one of our most abject performances.

All depends on what you call decent. If you want a chav fest pop down west street you will find Yates, Wetherspoons and god knows what else down there. Can almost guarentee it will be crap but then again most first timers in Brighton seem to like it for some apparent reason

Got my face caved in down west street by boro a few years ago:moo:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Probably best to avoid "smartly dressed" down here if you're going clubbing, it's not really the done thing like it is in the Midlands and the North. Trainers/t-shirts are the norm in the better clubs.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Can't really go wrong in the Lanes, lots of decent boozers and a wide range of restaurants all within vomiting distance.

Really? I always think the Lanes is poor for pubs, very expensive and touristy. Best ones are around the station, North Laine, Kemp Town, etc.

Just avoid West Street though basically.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
North Laine would be my advice. Some nice litte pubs in that area.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here