You either love it or hate it, heres a few things I came up with:

Black Pudding,
Peanut butter on toast,
Ashley Barnes/Gus Poyet,
Text language

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Text language

bit of a weird one. I mean, I know some people hate it, but do people actually LOVE it?

I just used BTW in a message a minute ago. Saved a bit of typing in an unimportant exchange. I certainly didn't LOVE using it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The Gus Poyet one really is ****ing ridiculous. One of our most successful managers of all time, playing the best football the Albion have EVER played.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Some people say Vegemite is like Marmite. Those people are wrong. Marmite is amazing and Vegemite is a vile Australian fraud.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The Gus Poyet one really is ****ing ridiculous. One of our most successful managers of all time, playing the best football the Albion have EVER played.

You missed him trying to complete destroy the reputation of our football club by claiming to be sacked live on air then?

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I much prefer Vegemite to Marmite. Also Bovril sarnies :thumbsup:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You missed him trying to complete destroy the reputation of our football club by claiming to be sacked live on air then?

Oh how did we ever recover?!?!?!?!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Well...seeing as football techniques and standards are still improving massively today, yes. The last time we were as good was 70s/80s, when football was unquestionably shitter.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
bit of a weird one. I mean, I know some people hate it, but do people actually LOVE it?

I just used BTW in a message a minute ago. Saved a bit of typing in an unimportant exchange. I certainly didn't LOVE using it.

I've used BTW in a message before and got a message back asking what it meant.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Some people say Vegemite is like Marmite. Those people are wrong. Marmite is amazing and Vegemite is a vile Australian fraud.

I must disagree in most strongest terms. Vegemite is a far superior product. Thankfully supermarkets have realised this.

I once worked with an Australian who couldn't find it in the shops. I presented him with a jar a few days later, and his happiness was complete. He went to Australia for a visit not long after and brought me back some 'stubby holders'. Along with the various antipodean imports this ranks amongst their best.

There are some who agree with you though. Many years ago, Guinness Girl, the splendid, and generally discerning wife of @Guinnessboy, sent out a call from beyond the black stump for Marmite, as she couldn't find it in Australia. My protestations about the superiority of Marmite fell on deaf ears.

Last edited:

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Well...seeing as football techniques and standards are still improving massively today, yes. The last time we were as good was 70s/80s, when football was unquestionably shitter.

You must be right then. I really enjoyed all those games we won after going behind.
I'm not a Poyet hater but I don't wear rose tinted specs.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here