Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Middlesbrough.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
After what seems a three month gap from football due to the international break, we take on Middlesbrough at the Amex on Saturday hoping to extend our unbeaten 5 match run. Caskey was rested after the last round of internationals, this coupled with Crofts unfortunate injury might indicate a few changes to the XI. Anyway here is my effort at picking the team:

Stockdale

Bruno~Greer~Dunk~Bennett

Ince~Holla

Lualua~McCourt~Teixera

Baldock​

:bhasign:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Unbeaten 5 match run my arse. Where is our striker I want GOALS

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
After what seems a three month gap from football due to the international break, we take on Middlesbrough at the Amex on Saturday hoping to extend our unbeaten 5 match run. Caskey was rested after the last round of internationals, this coupled with Crofts unfortunate injury might indicate a few changes to the XI. Anyway here is my effort at picking the team:

Stockdale

Bruno~Greer~Dunk~Bennett

Ince~Holla

Lualua~McCourt~Teixera

Baldock​

Nice team....probably JFC for Ince if not too tired. I'd rather use Ince given how much JFC has played this week. If baldock can't score with that service not sure he will!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I take it Baldock is fit then?
He could have been "risked" in the last match, so I'm guessing a fortnight later he should be spot on again. If not, O'Grady gets the gig.

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
Agustien is back in training, him and McCourt to have a half each.

Stockdale

Bruno-Greer-Dunk-Bennett

Holla-Gardener

Teixera-Agustien-Lualua

Baldock

Subs.
Calderon
Walton
O'Grady
McCourt
Ince
Caskey
Colunga

Last edited:

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007

Stockdale

Bruno~Greer~Dunk~Bennett

Ince~Holla

Lualua~McCourt~Teixera

Baldock​

Liking that team as it would mean goals, at both ends, but can't see Kaz, McCourt and Tex starting together as we would get over run in midfield while Ince or Holla are filling in for the marauding full backs.

Likely to be JFC for McCourt, but would prefer it to be in place of Tex.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
--------------- Stockdale ---------------

Bruno ---- Greer ----- Dunk ---- Bennett

----------------- Holla -------------------

--------- Caskey ----- Gardner ----------

---- McCourt --- Baldock --- Teixiara -----

Possibly LuaLua for McCourt

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Rohan Ince has to play matches to get experience. This match might be beyond him though. He might not be ready for it and his safety first telegraphed right foot passes may even get intercepted. Such is Sami's decision. For the long haul or try to catch up on our points deficit before it is too late?

Assuming we have 20 fit players, who will be the two that don't make the first XVIII ?

Playing our rather rigid shape, Forster-Caskey looks a certain starter on the left hand side. Neither Gardner or Ince can fill this role, although Lualua could. I prefer Lualua nearer to goal though, instead of shooting from long range, get in closer for him. When our opponents (esp Blackburn last year) start shooting for a long way out, I feel the opposition has run out of ideas, and so it is when Albion are at home. There is a big gap on the right wing where Buckley used to be.

If by any stroke of good fortune we go 1-0 up, I think we will need a second goal, at least.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here