Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The price of football and the German model

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I would agree with that. No foreign ownership, and putting the fans and the game first. O K We might not get the world class super heroes in the Premiership - but who cares? Was the game less passionate & entertaining before they came ? No.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I would agree with that. No foreign ownership, and putting the fans and the game first. O K We might not get the world class super heroes in the Premiership - but who cares? Was the game less passionate & entertaining before they came ? No.

Premiership = Rugby...not important but just thought I'd mention it.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It was interesting being in the makeshift studio with three fans who had stopped watching their clubs as a result of the feeling of disconnect. They were quite principled and you have to applaud them for that, but with Premier League attendances at 96% of capacity, there are enough people replacing the dissenters to ensure the big clubs are impervious to the unhappiness of a small but still important minority.

The Manchester City marketing director admitted they got things wrong in relation to pricing of the Roma game, and to be fair to City, they are investing heavily in the local area in terms of youth development and infrastructure.

I think the issue is greater in the Championship, where there are far more empty seats. Getting the pricing right is a difficult task, especially as fan revenue is far more significant than in the PL (The Albion have 51% of income from fans, the likes of United and City it's about 21%), so the club does have to maximise revenue without hacking fans off to the extent that they stop attending.

Sitting next to Rowetta from the Mondays on one side in her United top and three Citeh fans on the other side was 'interesting' as they were hissing at each other when the microphones were away.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
One fan even leaves the club shop having just bought a Borussia Dortmund-branded lawn mower

we are missing a trick with not having Albion branded law mowers :lolol: a sure fire way to cut FFP.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Can anyone send this to Barber , he might learn something.

Especially this bit: 'One fan even leaves the club shop having just bought a Borussia Dortmund-branded lawn mower'

Seriously, there might be a very big prize awaiting the first English club bold enough to follow the German model.

it was interesting being in the makeshift studio with three fans who had stopped watching their clubs as a result of the feeling of disconnect. They were quite principled and you have to applaud them for that, but with premier league attendances at 96% of capacity, there are enough people replacing the dissenters to ensure the big clubs are impervious to the unhappiness of a small but still important minority.

The manchester city marketing director admitted they got things wrong in relation to pricing of the roma game, and to be fair to city, they are investing heavily in the local area in terms of youth development and infrastructure.

I think the issue is greater in the championship, where there are far more empty seats. Getting the pricing right is a difficult task, especially as fan revenue is far more significant than in the pl (the albion have 51% of income from fans, the likes of united and city it's about 21%), so the club does have to maximise revenue without hacking fans off to the extent that they stop attending.

Sitting next to rowetta from the mondays on one side in her united top and three citeh fans on the other side was 'interesting' as they were hissing at each other when the microphones were away.

96% do they all go and if so when do they leave and how many are german?:moo:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Oh, if only we could (still) have a match day experience like that! Mind you, even calling it a 'Match Day Experience' would wipe a little of the gloss off!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here