Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you rate Albion's value for money proposition?

How do you rate the Albion's value for money proposition?

• Excellent

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Good

Votes: 33 32.0%
  • Average

Votes: 36 35.0%
  • Poor

Votes: 23 22.3%
  • Very Poor

Votes: 6 5.8%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Some of those things stated are a little bit clutching at straws
and not part of anything I would consider part of a 'great deal' tbh

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I voted average. It's all very well being premium but if people can't afford it, they can't afford it. That's more football's problem than the Albion's per se but it is really sad.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
All of that. stuff is superfluous if you go to the Amex just to watch football, thankfully our football has been entertaining so far this season despite not being successful.

I have no interest in pre match entertainment, discounts on drinks, free WiFi etc those aspects add absolutely no value for me.

South Stand Rebel

Sep 6, 2012
Agree that the subsidised travel is good VFM, but odd that he mentions Man City in comparison, as their cheapest season ticket is @ £150 cheaper...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Barber and the survey neglected to mention the £15 car park fee which must also be the highest in the Championship. The cost of this, the petrol AND paying the travel subsidy within the ticket price (which I don't use) exceeds the remaining cost of the ticket.

The bottom line is that I've ticked "Average" because I'm paying a premium price but getting a premium product. I'm reasonably content but I think the club have a hard sell generally with this simply because prices are higher now but there's still no top, top quality like Ulloa, Vicente, Bridge. Buying Chris O'Grady and selling Ulloa in the same week didn't help.

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
If you bring kids, and use the subsidy for travel (as i do) i think its really good value for money.If you don't i can see why you think its pricey, but i still think its a premium product, so worthy of the cost.

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
At those prices I doubt supporters of many other clubs would be looking on in envy. But I'm happy with what's served up.

Would I rather pay 50% less and watch football in a run down terrace with shit beer and shit facilities? Absolutely!

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
As has been aid many times, the travel subsidy isn't such a big thing if you're travelling from Eastbourne/Hastings.

Also. Paul Barber's on this ice saying " improving car park facilities" when he's lost Bennett's Field (whatever the reason for it, bragging about improving them when this season they've been reduced is poor IMO)

South Stand Rebel

Sep 6, 2012
Brighton Away shirt £45 - Lewes Home shirt £35. - (same replica Nike designand style with added advertising and league logos)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
To be fair I am now one of those fans that Barber and Co dont really want.

I have a season ticket on DD which due to the low interest rate means they could probably get away with charging more for.
I dont buy replica kits or any albion products, programme etc.
I get there 15 minutes before KO and rarely stay after for a beer
Do not buy any refreshments at the ground, preferring the coffee from Virgin.
Yes its nice to sit in a nice stadium, but I actually enjoyed in a peverse sort of way the Goldstone/Gillingham and Withdean

Bad fan

westy

Jul 25, 2003
Cost per goal is the stat that I attribute to true value. In that respect we are poor value.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
For me after years as a teenager and young adult watching football at Gillingham and Withdean I couldnt really care how much I had to pay as I would pay it any day of the week to have a ground like we do now. somewhere to drink and have a laugh with mates and watch Brighton, its fantastic.

Yes it is slightly expensive, however what isnt in Brighton, I pay over the odds for rent, I get paid a below what I would if I worked in London, I have to pay if I want to park outside my house, I would have to Pay almost a fiver a day if I had to get the bus to work and I have to pay £4 a pint in a lot of pubs now everything in Brighton is expensive, most of it is shit, fortunatley the AMEX isnt and I am happy to pay for what we have, however it would be nice to see a price freeze come the end of the season.

Barber constantly bangs on about FFP and if we are in the top 3 clubs in this division sticking to FFP I will be happy. If however we are outside of that I will be expecting answers from Barber at what the hell he is playing at with us being the most expensive in the league.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patreon
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
It's a nice seat and view and the standard of the concourses building wise are top notch compared to other Championship grounds but I've stopped buying a programme due to it's price and boring content. I've stopped buying the pies as the quality has gone down as the price has increased plus the awful service. Like Granny it felt more like my club at the Goldstone, Gillingham and Withdean and despite the awful facilities I enjoyed the experience more in those days. Now it's like going to a Theatre and being in the audience rather than being a supporter involved in the action. So I will vote average or as they say these days MEH!

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Difficult one this - I'm very happy with my ticket price - Band A for WSU - but feel the extras are getting toppy. I used to have a pie and pint (or two) without fail - not so now - and its ages since I bought a programme.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here