Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Banning Smoking in pubkic places...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm all for it, people who smoke need the encouragement to quit and we should continue to marginalise them in order to facilitate this.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'll just go out and have a smoke and think about this.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
stop trying to ban it from here and there: ban it completely or not at all.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
I'm all for it, briefly walked along the London Road, Brighton today en route to my destination, and I can still smell smoke on me, in fact I smell like i've been smoking.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I've given up for good in the last month so I should be at peak anti-smoking.

I'm with beorthelm here, either ban it completely and help people quit for free or leave it where it is.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
double the bobbies and they might be able to stop it
otherwise a very useless experiment

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
What we need are tougher prison sentences for smoking.

Zero tolerance I say.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Making employers ban smoking by employees within a hundred metres of their offices would be more beneficial IMHO. Probably wouldn't stop their employees smoking, but would give them a bit of enforced exercise.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Drinking really gets off lightly here as well.

- It's addictive
- It causes major health problems
- I'd imagine the anti social behaviour aspects are probably more dangerous than secondary smoke.

Bashing smokers seems very popular but just you watch they don't come after your pint as well.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Making employers ban smoking by employees within a hundred metres of their offices would be more beneficial IMHO. Probably wouldn't stop their employees smoking, but would give them a bit of enforced exercise.

This is a good idea, but I would like to see them chased the 100 meters, preferably by rabid by dogs.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

- It's addictive
- I'd imagine the anti social behaviour aspects are probably more dangerous than secondary smoke.

Bashing smokers seems very popular but just you watch they don't come after your pint as well.

Totally agree. Drinkers should be made to go and drink their pernicious substances outside the pub, in the beer gardens provided specifically for the purpose. What kind of example does drinking inside the pub set for the toddlers and kiddies in pushchairs and their yummy mummy minders and braying partners who form the core demographic of many local hostelries?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

- It's addictive

This is ridiculous, yes alcohol is bad, yes maybe I will vomit on you and punch you in the face, but it's not giving you lung cancer though is it.

ridiculous comparison.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
He said: "Just as smokers' lungs are polluted, the lungs of our city – our parks and green spaces – are polluted by smoking.

This quote is actually ridiculous. If you're going to ban it on the basis of pollution then you need to ban cars as well. In parts per million one preson smoking a cigarette is a drop in the ocean compared to what a car exhaust pumps out.

All of this blokes' ideas are based on him being a health nazi and western society's obsession with making everyone live forever. We're all going to die so you might as well enjoy your time here, if people want to reduce their life expectancy with fags and bad food then bloody well let them! I hate the term "saving lives" in this context, you are only prolonging until something elase gets you.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
All of this blokes' ideas are based on him being a health nazi and western society's obsession with making everyone live forever. We're all going to die so you might as well enjoy your time here, if people want to reduce their life expectancy with fags and bad food then bloody well let them! I hate the term "saving lives" in this context, you are only prolonging until something elase gets you.

The smoking ban was pioneered by Hitler.

That's not to say that wanting to ban smoking makes a person a Nazi. But Hitler believed in using the law to control peoples personal behaviors, choices and habits, and if you are someone who is for a smoking ban, then you do have a little something in common with him. :p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here