Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Christmas Day II

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
After the super soaraway success of the iPhone 6 models, tomorrow is the day that Apple are expected to unveil new iPads and new Macs to an eagerly awaiting world.

Can the best get better? I'm willing to go out on a limb and suggest that yes they ruddy well can.

It all starts at 6pm tomorrow, so make sure you are tuned in on your existing piece of Apple gorgeousness: http://www.apple.com/live/

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Read an interesting piece the other week on tablets becoming the new PCs. Manufacturers are seeing that upgrade rates are significantly declining as they struggle to add new "killer features". My 2 year old iPad was absolutely fine, no reason to buy a new one at all. Of course I got Apple fever and bought myself an iPad Mini, but there are a large number of people who now have a tablet which is more than good enough for their needs.

Where phones get hammered daily and rarely last much more than their 2 year contract life, tablets are going to be a hard sell to people if there's nothing wrong with the one they own.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
:ffsparr:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Read an interesting piece the other week on tablets becoming the new PCs. Manufacturers are seeing that upgrade rates are significantly declining as they struggle to add new "killer features". My 2 year old iPad was absolutely fine, no reason to buy a new one at all. Of course I got Apple fever and bought myself an iPad Mini, but there are a large number of people who now have a tablet which is more than good enough for their needs.

Where phones get hammered daily and rarely last much more than their 2 year contract life, tablets are going to be a hard sell to people if there's nothing wrong with the one they own.

Agreed.

We all know what they'll do with the iPad Air: TouchID, faster and better camera. Thinner and lighter are all 'meh' now - as I said with phones, I'd happily retain thickness, or even go a bit thicker, in return for enhanced battery life.

There could be one killer feature tomorrow though: a gold coloured iPad. If Apple do that, I'm going to have to trade up.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Agreed.

We all know what they'll do with the iPad Air: TouchID, faster and better camera. Thinner and lighter are all 'meh' now - as I said with phones, I'd happy retain thickness, or even go a bit thicker, in return for enhanced battery life.

There could be one killer feature tomorrow though: a gold coloured iPad. If Apple do that, I'm going to have to trade up.

Gold, cool. Me to.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
... a gold coloured iPad. If Apple do that, I'm going to have to trade up.

For heaven's sake - don't tell Mrs Fef. I've earmarked some cash for a new TV - if she finds out, then that's the end of that!

Sod the new iPads and Macs - just let us have Yosemite.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton

Presumably not if it's like the golden Apple Watches, which are actually made of a gold alloy rather than just being gold plated. Those things are going to be expensive. Alas, the iPad will probably just be like the iPhone if it gets a gold variation.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Would that make Christmas Day III the day when they release updates and fixes so they work properly?

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I always watch these but in this case really the only thing I am interested in is the release of Yosemite. My current ipad is performing its task perfectly and my current Macbook is awesome thanks to a newly installed SSD so the OSX update is all I am interested in.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
gold-spray-paint.jpg

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Have to say I'm loving my 6 plus - I was worried it was going to be too big but its not and I now don't need my mac book as much.

I had my 5s in a wallet case so the fact its not really a pocket phone is no problem either.

I'm sure the battery life is better as well as the camera features

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
This thread is great timing as I am a total technophobe. Mrs Chopper is 50 on new years day and wants a new Apple I pad or somesh*t.
I can now at least ask her if her current stuff is good enough and she is not getting carried away as she is dreadful for doing that.
If she insists then at least my nephew works at the Apple store in Kingston so I should get a few bob off.
Shame, I was going to get her a new ironing board as we really need one of those.

Smile

Aug 19, 2011
Wish they released an 17" Retina Mac Book Pro then it would be Christmas day for me. Be interested in the the rumoured 27" iMac but I prefer laptops.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So, last time we got a free U2 album. I wonder what Mr Cook has lined up for us tonight? A free Phil Collins long player?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Gold iPads! The future is here!

6.1mm thick - 18% thinner than the current iPad Air.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here