Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*BANNED from NSC for having the WRONG political VIEWS*

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Last Saturday I was engaged in a discussion over the boxing when a page came up telling me I had been banned from NSC for making libellous comments, on contacting a mod it seemed one of the mods had taken exception to a comment I had made in the William Hague thread and had banned me. Not withstanding that the comment I had made has been in the public domain for 4 years and in various newspapers and has never been thought of as anything but true, one mod not being able to take criticism of his beloved Conservative party banned me.

I had a PM which read that I received a 'Major Infraction' for not sticking to the 'fact's and this was used to ban me.

So it seems now that anyone on NSC who doesn't stick to the 'FACTS' will be banned or will it be anyone who has differing political views to the mod concerned will be banned if he doesn't like the posts you make.

Maybe it would be simpler to ban all political discussions on NSC rather than bully me for not having the correct views ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
NSC is no place for potentially libellous comments such as the one you made. The below is a direct copy and paste of one such PM I received relating to your post:

"I know you have a good system with the Moderators etc.....

But, do you not think Ernest's comment on the William Hague thread is potentially quite libellous, there is no evidence to suggest he slept with another male, other than they shared a room.

I realise Edna has mentioned to 'steer clear', but wonder if the post should be removed.

I know you are very mindful of these things, but as a keen NSC-er, would not want anyone to get into trouble......."

If you want to engage in libellous posts, please make them elsewhere as they will never be welcomed on NSC.

This has absolutely nothing to do with political beliefs - either mine or anyone else's. I do not vote for the Conservative party, although whether I do or don't has nothing to do with this at all.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I look forward to a period of grace without your crap postings.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
NSC is no place for potentially libellous comments such as the one you made. The below is a direct copy and paste of one such PM I received relating to your post:

"I know you have a good system with the Moderators etc.....

But, do you not think Ernest's comment on the William Hague thread is potentially quite libellous, there is no evidence to suggest he slept with another male, other than they shared a room.

I realise Edna has mentioned to 'steer clear', but wonder if the post should be removed.

I know you are very mindful of these things, but as a keen NSC-er, would not want anyone to get into trouble......."

If you want to engage in libellous posts, please make them elsewhere as they will never be welcomed on NSC.

This has absolutely nothing to do with political beliefs - either mine or anyone else's. I do not vote for the Conservative party, although whether I do or don't has nothing to do with this at all.

It is common knowledge and been in the newspapers that <REDACTED>, and no action has been taken over them in the last 4 years so if Hague hasn't done so before it says that the matter is true

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/william-hagues-twin-bedded-hotel-room-245504

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
This is the new NSC Ern, don't you forget that.

communist-symbol.png

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It is common knowledge and been in the newspapers that he shared the bed with his researcher, and no action has been taken over them in the last 4 years so if Hague hasn't done so before it says that the matter is true

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/william-hagues-twin-bedded-hotel-room-245504

And I'm sure that you'll be putting your hand in your pocket if [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] ends up in court thanks to your post. Stop being such a baby.

PS - doesn't discussing bans and infractions attract a ban according to the rules ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It is common knowledge and been in the newspapers that he shared the bed with his researcher, and no action has been taken over them in the last 4 years so if Hague hasn't done so before it says that the matter is true

Are you really as stupid as you make out? Even that article, as I posted on the last thread, does NOT state that he shared a bed with his researcher. The reason they don't state that is that it is unproven and therefore libellous.

For as long as NSC has been in existence, it has hosted discussions on a wide-range of political views - many quite extreme and a million miles from my own. No one has ever had posting rights restricted, or an outright ban imposed, purely for the political beliefs expressed, and that is not going to start now.

But libellous posts have no place here. I do not care one iota if those same 'facts' have been posted elsewhere - it's my duty to try and protect posters from themselves and, more importantly, protect myself and my family from threat of costly prosecution. You may not like that. You may be too stupid to understand that, but I ask you respect it. There is the whole internet out there for you to post whatever you like - feel free to use it.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It isn't 'common knowledge that he shared the bed' in my view. Think the clue is in the title 'twin bedded'.........the article is trying to imply otherwise (and will have been reviewed by the papers lawyers before it was published to make sure it didn't cross the line) but, for FFS loads of hotels have rooms with twin beds that can be joined depending on the booking. Hague has publicly and forcibly denied the allegations. NSC doesn't have the benefit of lawyers checking posts before publication.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Last Saturday I was engaged in a discussion over the boxing when a page came up telling me I had been banned from NSC for making libellous comments, on contacting a mod it seemed one of the mods had taken exception to a comment I had made in the William Hague thread and had banned me. Not withstanding that the comment I had made has been in the public domain for 4 years and in various newspapers and has never been thought of as anything but true, one mod not being able to take criticism of his beloved Conservative party banned me.

I had a PM which read that I received a 'Major Infraction' for not sticking to the 'fact's and this was used to ban me.

So it seems now that anyone on NSC who doesn't stick to the 'FACTS' will be banned or will it be anyone who has differing political views to the mod concerned will be banned if he doesn't like the posts you make.

Maybe it would be simpler to ban all political discussions on NSC rather than bully me for not having the correct views ?

Are you really as stupid as you make out? Even that article, as I posted on the last thread, does NOT state that he shared a bed with his researcher. The reason they don't state that is that it is unproven and therefore libellous.

For as long as NSC has been in existence, it has hosted discussions on a wide-range of political views - many quite extreme and a million miles from my own. No one has ever had posting rights restricted, or an outright ban imposed, purely for the political beliefs expressed, and that is not going to start now.

But libellous posts have no place here. I do not care one iota if those same 'facts' have been posted elsewhere - it's my duty to try and protect posters from themselves and, more importantly, protect myself and my family from threat of costly prosecution. You may not like that. You may be too stupid to understand that, but I ask you respect it. There is the whole internet out there for you to post whatever you like - feel free to use it.
Hard to argue with that. Has the libellous comment been deleted btw?

Grapes of Wrath

Nov 1, 2009
Worthing
Bozza.

I think you have summed him up pretty well, if he is stupid enough to continue to challenge your decision and potentially bring this site into disrepute, then there will be little if any sympathy from the vast majority of posters on here if you bin him.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
It isn't 'common knowledge that he shared the bed' in my view. Think the clue is in the title 'twin bedded'.........the article is trying to imply otherwise (and will have been reviewed by the papers lawyers before it was published to make sure it didn't cross the line) but, for FFS loads of hotels have rooms with twin beds that can be joined depending on the booking. Hague has publicly and forcibly denied the allegations. NSC doesn't have the benefit of lawyers checking posts before publication.

Yep - this is my view too. I haven't seen any mainstream media of any political hue assert that he shared a bed. Even the Mirror, which is possibly the most left wing of the national dailies and thus has the biggest axe to grind against Hague, hasn't said that he did, either in the article that Enrest cites or any other that I've seen.

Lots of people have commented that he showed a big error of judgement in sharing a room with the researcher, which is an uncontested fact and thus not libellous, but that's a million miles from saying that he shared a bed, which has been refuted on multiple occasions in a strenuous way...

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Are you sure the ban was not going to be for CaPiTaLS???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here