Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Republic of Ireland draw 1-1 away to Germany

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Apparently if the baton of 'World Champions' was passed down the line in the same way as boxing (i.e next team to beat you gets the title), and taken from the beginning of internationals, it meant that, had England beaten Costa Rica, they would have got the title back. I'm guessing the current title is held by Poland.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Scotland also beat England in 1967 to claim to be the new world champions in their view anyway.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Aside from England grinding away at their group, pretty much all the other results seem to be coming out as if they've been randomly drawn out of a hat rather than following any rankings or form.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
one of the very rare occasions I was hoping for a Germany win tonight

well done Northern Ireland great result in Greece

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Seriously, what a great result with ex Brighton players and other players players who i'm not sure who they play for. If England had got the same result there would be 10 pages devoted to it.Yes, i know England beat Germany once recently 5-1 amongst many painful defeats

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Martin O'neil is a good manager. He was available around the time that Oscar Garcia got the job.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
All the home nations seem to have upped their game a bit it would seem, going by the results.
Have the Faroes' ever won a game?

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
All the hand wringing about England struggling to beat Estonia, I ask you. Spain lost to Slovakia, Holland lost to Iceland, Germany lost to Poland and drew with Scotland, and Italy really struggled before beating Azerbaijan and Malta. Not much form around at the moment and nothing for England to be frightened of at this stage. I don't think England are potential European champions but I don't think the over reactions are relevant either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here