Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micky Adams

oddsonlaughter

Jan 24, 2008
Hello,

Tranmere fan again,

Looks like we are set to have more links to you as Micky Adams has been offered the managers job and should be in place for our game on Saturday

Hopefully will be able to transform our fortunes around

Mark Palios is hopeful of a £10m investment into the club over the summer which would give him the opportunity to get us moving as long as he can keep us up!

You got any goalscorers you want to give us on loan as it looks like Barker will not be it :lol:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
MA to cherry pick the best of the Port Vale squad in the summer and turn them into associate scousers at Prenton Park ???

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Never really quite know what you will get with him. He's done really well in some jobs: Fulham, us first time plus Leicester where he got them back to the Premier League at the first attempt after relegation. However, he made a total hash of his second stint with us and messed up when he landed his dream job at Sheffield United. He returned to Port Vale with his tale between his legs where he plodded along steadily, getting them promoted a couple of years ago.

He done well for us first time around, but like a certain other manager, was forever banging on about his ambition to manage at a higher level. His abilities and his ego were pretty well sussed to be out of his depth at higher levels and he returned to the lower Leagues.

All depends if he was the appetite for it still I guess? Guess you will find out soon.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
It was well known he was working under very difficult financial conditions and constraints at Vale. Tranmere with their new setup could be just what he needs.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
He will get you out of league 2 in 3 years. Will depend if you give him a chance. The football wont be pretty And expect some big lumps to sign. But he will keep you up.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Never really quite know what you will get with him. He's done really well in some jobs: Fulham, us first time plus Leicester where he got them back to the Premier League at the first attempt after relegation. However, he made a total hash of his second stint with us and messed up when he landed his dream job at Sheffield United. He returned to Port Vale with his tale between his legs where he plodded along steadily, getting them promoted a couple of years ago.

He done well for us first time around, but like a certain other manager, was forever banging on about his ambition to manage at a higher level. His abilities and his ego were pretty well sussed to be out of his depth at higher levels and he returned to the lower Leagues.

All depends if he was the appetite for it still I guess? Guess you will find out soon.

Pretty well summarised I'd say. Never quite the manager he assumed himself to be, or that I thought he would be, but a decent bloke and someone who knows the lower leagues much better than the upper ones. I'm grateful for what he did the first time round and unlike certain other managers that have come and gone, I genuinely wish him well.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Adams is a cast iron Albion legend, for what he did first time, then for coming back down for stadium marches, etc off his own back.

His second spell was excruciatingly bad. So bad that it was sometimes like he was setting up the team to lose on purpose. I was so glad when he was sacked before he could do any more harm to either the club, or his own reputation. I am astonished that he went on to any further success after that. I'm still not convinced that he wasn't suffering some kind of breakdown.

D

Deleted member 22389

Hello,

Tranmere fan again,

Looks like we are set to have more links to you as Micky Adams has been offered the managers job and should be in place for our game on Saturday

Hopefully will be able to transform our fortunes around

Mark Palios is hopeful of a £10m investment into the club over the summer which would give him the opportunity to get us moving as long as he can keep us up!

You got any goalscorers you want to give us on loan as it looks like Barker will not be it :lol:

Micky Adams goes down in my book as an Albion legend.:bowdown:
Have you got any goalscorers you can give us?

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
If you lose a game you really ought to have won, he might suggest that instead of a bollockin', 'the players need a cuddle, right now' :facepalm:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Mickey is a top lower league manager, I expect the good times to return to Prenton Park very soon.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If you lose a couple, expect him to get the players in for extra RUNNING.

Until they are visibly knackered, and go on to lose the next five.

#oldskool

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
MA was indeed like GP. He coveted the post of manager at a Prem club and the collective efforts and success of the Albion helped his case.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
MA was indeed like GP. He coveted the post of manager at a Prem club and the collective efforts and success of the Albion helped his case.

One area where MA was different from GP: He genuinely liked and cared for BHAFC, despite his ambition to manage at a higher level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here