Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Played against them a couple of time...not the friendliest of bunches

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
My son started playing with the colts over the summer. They had a waitrose sponsored open day with a couple of the England Women's cricketeers which was really well attended. My lad seemed to enjoy it anyway.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Horrible team to play against. Nearly as bad as Newhaven. Talking mid to late 90's though..

Wise words. What an utter bellend that Ray Wells was. I clean bowled him once, when I was about 17. As he shuffled past me towards the pavilion, he told me a was a "little c..t". Cheerio Ray.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Wise words. What an utter bellend that Ray Wells was. I clean bowled him once, when I was about 17. As he shuffled past me towards the pavilion, he told me a was a "little c..t". Cheerio Ray.

Totally this, played for Patcham against Newhaven in the summer after the floods down there, again in the nineties and the outfield was dried mud and of course we had to use the Nottingham wicket, it was like playing in souweto and yes that **** Wells defiantly had issues!

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
A really great community club that provides plenty of opportunities for youngster . Like most amateur sports clubs it depends on dedicated volunteers.

Julio

Feb 18, 2009

We used to play them on Sundays. Anyway, this particluar Sunday Ray breezes into bat in full Derbyshire CCC regalia, where brother Colin was plying his limited trade. Sweater, helmet, arm guard, the full coffin of kit dripping off him. I cleaned him up third ball, and rather unsportingly laughed at his misfortune, safe to say he didn't see the funny side. In the same game his son, who could have been no more than 12 years old, spilled one off his bowling (which was worse than his batting), he then let rip with a torrent of abuse towards his son - one of the worst things I ever saw while playing local cricket. Oh, he also served a league ban for punching an umpire. Apart from that, a great lad.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
A really great community club that provides plenty of opportunities for youngster . Like most amateur sports clubs it depends on dedicated volunteers.

Horrible club.

Now there is 2 polarised views!

I'm intrigued to know where that view comes from Munkfish. I've only really be going to the kids coaching sessions where all the adults of the club present appear to be doing a really good job, with a friendly welcoming atmosphere. Never seen the adults play though, so I might only be seeing the wolf in sheep's clothing.

A few comments on this thread appear to be based on their rep 20 years ago.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
They weren't 'orrible when I played for them in 70's, 80's and 90's. Good social and cracking tours.
RIP Roy and Lee Shepherd.

Maybe it all changed a bit when they left Victoria Park and moved up to Sainsburys.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Once played against them and a guy called John Robinson played for them who was an Albion Fan. we also played for the same company team in the Brighton mid week 14 x 8 ball overs league in the late 70 early 80s. St Peters was one of the best sides.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here