Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Pulp Fiction

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Twenty years to the day since it's US release. The UK première came a week later.

A modern classic if ever there was one with so many memorable scenes. The final scene still blows me away:

Still remember the day, Saw an afternoon showing in that one in west st. Me and mrs Doc had a lunchtime session including one In Yates where the bar man knocked my pint over while passing it to me covering mrs Doc in said Lager!

About 3 or 4 couples walked out during the first half hour, got to admit, I found it hard going the first time and had to have a second look. Seen it about 50 times.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The entire verse of Ezekiel 25:17 (as per the King James Bible) is "And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them..."

The rest of it is Quentin Tarantino's work.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
great film we have watched again and again

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Along with The Wicker Man and For a Few Dollars More, Pulp Fiction is the best film ever; fantastic characters, brilliant dialogue, great soundtrack, and really dark, dry, humour. Samuel L. Jackson was absolutely superb as Jules - one of the coolest characters ever in a movie.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
At the risk of following the heard, I concur - great film.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
The entire verse of Ezekiel 25:17 (as per the King James Bible) is "And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them..."

The rest of it is Quentin Tarantino's work.

Surely every self-respecting Tarantino fan knows that :thumbsup:

In fact it wasn't just the Bible he lifted it from, the version delivered in Pulp Fiction is almost word for word from Karate Kiba, a 1973 Japanese martial arts film, which had the quote placed at the start of the US release.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karate_Kiba

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Surely every self-respecting Tarantino fan knows that :thumbsup:

In fact it wasn't just the Bible he lifted it from, the version delivered in Pulp Fiction is almost word for word from Karate Kiba, a 1973 Japanese martial arts film, which had the quote placed at the start of the US release.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karate_Kiba

I'm not particularly a Tarantino fan.

It was in another YouTube clip which was advertised at the end of the one posted above.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
In my opinion, it is the greatest film by the greatest director of all time. How such a nerd can make films that are so cool(Death Proof being the exception) is astounding.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Fantastic film. Went with my then girlfriend and some other mates to see it at Brighton Marina, before I even lived in Brighton. Very good memories of the film and the night.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
20 years, now Im feeling old. :facepalm: ....................same age as Dumb & Dumber as well I think.

Saw it at the Cinema 3 times in 94. Still a must watch.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Out of the hundreds of films I've rated on IMDB (movie geek) - this is one of 5 that got 10/10.

Absolute genius, cinematic perfection for that genre.

Out of interest, what are the other four?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Off on a lazy holiday soon and was looking for some films to watch, will add it to the list. another i was told to see was reservoir dogs, is that worth a watch?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
This has come up before, and I'm kind of embarrassed by them because they are so stereotypical but:

Shawshank Redemption - Can't argue with that, sublime.
Fight Club - Must watch this, looking forward to it.
The Shining - Again, an exceptional piece of film-making.
Reservoir Dogs - Pulp Fiction only tops this by an ant's leg.
2001 - Its good, but never a 10 for me.

My thoughts :thumbsup:

Nothing to be ashamed about in liking the greats!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here