Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHAFC Student Tickets

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
Just received my Brighton Uni Alumni NUS Card... although I'm not currently a full time student (merely an alumni) can I technically use this for Student tickets on away days (when student prices apply...)?

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
If you have an NUS card you can fully rinse ALL students deals. Loads of shops do 10-20% off, even some odd ones- Co-op, Superdrug, most clothes shops, and free food at Mcdonalds!!

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
If you have an NUS card you can fully rinse ALL students deals. Loads of shops do 10-20% off, even some odd ones- Co-op, Superdrug, most clothes shops, and free food at Mcdonalds!!

Couldn't quite believe my luck when it arrived! But yes its got lots of little wins. Spotify Premium at 50% off being the current favorite!

I'm debating whether its worth risking the student Albion ticket policy since there doesn't seem to be one on the website. The criteria states NUS Extra cards (which I now have)... I'm worried it might end up in my season ticket being rescinded but if its allowed then why not take advantage of it. Bournemouth away is £14 with NUS!

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
When I was a student (non-NUS) I always bought student/NUS tickets and was never once asked to show my student ID at any ground.

Only difference is that you were technically a student... I'm not but I've got the discount that applies to being a student. Not too sure what to do! :wozza:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Only difference is that you were technically a student... I'm not but I've got the discount that applies to being a student. Not too sure what to do! :wozza:

Just refuse to wash, always wear a ruck sack in enclosed spaces even if you've got nothing in it, pay for everything with a cheque and have a bit of pot noodle hanging off the beard you will inevitably grow. Hey-presto everyone will think you are a student.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Couldn't quite believe my luck when it arrived! But yes its got lots of little wins. Spotify Premium at 50% off being the current favorite!

I'm debating whether its worth risking the student Albion ticket policy since there doesn't seem to be one on the website. The criteria states NUS Extra cards (which I now have)... I'm worried it might end up in my season ticket being rescinded but if its allowed then why not take advantage of it. Bournemouth away is £14 with NUS!

Stop being a wet blanket. if you have the right cards and you can present them when questioned whats the big bloody deal. just buy a student ticket and with the money you saved buy some balls too.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I'm a bit confused about this - I have an NUS card (although not a full-time student) but I have also seen an NUS+ card advertised - what's the difference?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Never had a NUS card (Only my uni library card). Was never asked for either; likewise Mcdonalds/Topman etc all accepted it as a student card.

It's now expired, however will continue to buy student tickets and have scratched out the expiry date. Likewise, was using u18 tickets all of last season and wasn't queried once.

Man up, nobody is that fussed.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Just received my Brighton Uni Alumni NUS Card... although I'm not currently a full time student (merely an alumni) can I technically use this for Student tickets on away days (when student prices apply...)?

Er ... technically you're an alumnus. Alumni is plural. Don't they teach you anything at university these days?

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
It's now expired, however will continue to buy student tickets and have scratched out the expiry date. Likewise, was using u18 tickets all of last season and wasn't queried once.

Same for me, but I got done at Forest last year, and they wouldn't let me upgrade, so had to pay another £32 on top of what I had already paid. You win some, you lose some.....Still, paying over £50 for that match was still a bargain in the end!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just giving this a bounce as today I bought my daughter who is at Uni a Palace ticket. I tried to get a student one but got the message that she would have to pick up from the AMEX with her student ID. I'd never seen this before so was curious how this works. As I was desperate to get her the ticket and there is no chance of her coming down from Nottingham to do this I just bought her an adult one for £10 more. Seems a bit over the top given the home club (and in this case they definitely will) will check ID anyway?

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
Just giving this a bounce as today I bought my daughter who is at Uni a Palace ticket. I tried to get a student one but got the message that she would have to pick up from the AMEX with her student ID. I'd never seen this before so was curious how this works. As I was desperate to get her the ticket and there is no chance of her coming down from Nottingham to do this I just bought her an adult one for £10 more. Seems a bit over the top given the home club (and in this case they definitely will) will check ID anyway?
Where was this message written ? my son has bought a student ticket for this , and he may not be able to go to the Amex just to verify his ID , it wouldnt be cost or time effective , if we are checked at the ground , why the need for this extra bureaucracy ??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here