Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tech Help: Moving music from Ipod to Itunes

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I've found out my old ipod which is about 5 years old now and want to add some new music to it. Trouble is I've now got a new laptop and when I log onto iTunes it want's to delete all of my music on the ipod and staert again. I've tried googling and it suggests there is a way around it but I need to enable disc use on my ipod, however I don't seem to get that option on iTunes??

Anyone know how best to do this?? I understand the basic premise is to rip all the songs off my ipod and onto my computer and load them onto iTunes from there but don't seem to be able to actually execute it.

:shrug:

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Long time since I've had an iPod but as I recall there was software called 'pod to PC' that does what you'd expect from a name such as that. If you don't buy the software you are restricted to about 10 songs a session unfortunately before waiting for ten minutes or so. No idea about the disc enable thingy but do know that apple stuff is a pain in the arse due to issues such as this and the reason I stopped buying apple stuff

MORTY

Jan 9, 2007
Basingstoke
Press and hold the play and select button on the iPod until the apple logo appears. Then press and hold the stop and select button. It will then go into disk mode. I think.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
J
I've found out my old ipod which is about 5 years old now and want to add some new music to it. Trouble is I've now got a new laptop and when I log onto iTunes it want's to delete all of my music on the ipod and staert again. I've tried googling and it suggests there is a way around it but I need to enable disc use on my ipod, however I don't seem to get that option on iTunes??

Anyone know how best to do this?? I understand the basic premise is to rip all the songs off my ipod and onto my computer and load them onto iTunes from there but don't seem to be able to actually execute it.

These instructions from Apple cover the steps for various Ipod models:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1363

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

mediawidget
-easy-ipod-transfer

I used this with good results. :cheers:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here