Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Some skateboard buying advice would be much appreciated.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Jnr is approaching his 10th birthday, and I'd like to get him a new skateboard.
I've had a mooch around t'internet but having absolutely no idea what's what, so I don't know where to begin. (unsurprisingly I was only into BMX when I was his age)

For the last few years he's been slaving away on a 2 1/2 foot long 'Ben 10' plank of wood with noisy wheels.
In fairness to him I get the impression he's done remarkably well to get upright on it and in a reasonably straight line.

He's not at the stage to be doing tricks, etc.
If such as thing as a 'touring' skateboard existed that would be what I was after.

The only thing stopping me from going to the place on Worthing seafront and buying something brightly coloured is there's a budget, I have no idea if say £30-50 is realistic?

Any help would be great.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I've got a used one you can have for nothing if you want. It's got plenty of life left in it, I bought it in Caen and it cost me €120's, I'd imagine it's still better than what a modern budget board would cost.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've got a used one you can have for nothing if you want. It's got plenty of life left in it, I bought it in Caen and it cost me €120's, I'd imagine it's still better than what a modern budget board would cost.
That's very kind, but as it'll be his bday prezzie I'll be going new.
Just where to begin?

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Have you thought about a retro skateboard. The most popular is called a penny skateboard but they are over £100. These boards are cruiser boards not used for not tricks. I bought d-street one for my daughter it's good quality. I did upgrade the wheel bearings. There was a company called "Brighton Skateboards" that made these boards as well.

The videos on there shows people ridding these around Brighton to give you an idea what they are like.

http://http://brightonskateboards.com/blog/videos/

You can pickup a d-street for about £50

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here