Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Optical express lasik - idesign treatment

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Thinking about getting this done.

If you have had this done then i'd like to know how it helped/affected you. Was it worth it etc....

Also cost wise, how much did you spend? They have quoted me over £3k which I thought was dear. left them to it and now i'm down to under £3k a week latyer

Thanks in advance

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
There was a worst case example in the paper the other day in which the patient was rendered almost blind. It can go wrong but it's rare, however, the price you pay can be extremely variable, some people are told it will only cost £500 and then get this ramped up to £2000 for various reasons. Be careful and ask yourself which one of the five senses could you live without ?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
There was a worst case example in the paper the other day in which the patient was rendered almost blind. It can go wrong but it's rare, however, the price you pay can be extremely variable, some people are told it will only cost £500 and then get this ramped up to £2000 for various reasons. Be careful and ask yourself which one of the five senses could you live without ?

This is starting to sound like a disaster. I've looked on an old thread where lots of people raved about it. This was over a year ago now though.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
A friend of mine used to work in the eye clinic and she said none of the consultants would have it done as they didn't know whether it could make having cataracts done difficult in later life; their view was they'd rather let someone else find out...

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
This is starting to sound like a disaster. I've looked on an old thread where lots of people raved about it. This was over a year ago now though.

That's the thread that convinced me to get it done.

16 months later and I can see no drawbacks (ahee).

Seriously though, I'm in my early twenties, so having it done now makes fair economical sense. Optical Express were brilliant during the consultation, treatment and aftercare. Make sure you haggle. Give it a few months after your initial (free) consult and watch your inbox fill up with deals/discounts/offers from the rival companies. For me, the only major problem following treatment was having dry eyes for a few months afterwards. Eye drops take care of them though :)

Good luck, whatever you decide.

Bones

Oct 25, 2006
Portslade
Wife had it done by Optical Express in London end of July. Her eyes were really bad (6 in each eye). She couldn't count your fingers if you were 2 foot away!. They did both eyes takes 2 minutes each. She was in a bit of pain afterwards but it was a bright day and we had to travel back down to Brighton. Within 4 hours pain had gone. Woke up in the morning and her vision was perfect except for things close to her. Within a couple of days this sorted itself. She loves it!. I think optical express do a couple of different options. The one she had was not the cheapest option. Will find out and let you know.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I had it done about 7 years ago, using Lasik at Ultralase in Hammersmith. Cost was about £3,500. I was short sighted, about -4.00 in both eyes, with a stable prescription for several years. It was the best thing I ever did, life changing for me. Good consultation, very quick and relatively painless operation with excellent aftercare, a day or two of mild discomfort and better than 20/20 crystal clear vision 24 hours later, and still the same today for distance. The consultant who did it told me I was his 13,000-odd patient. Would I do it again ? In a heartbeat. Wish I'd done it years before and been shot of the faff of glasses and contact lenses (far more likely to get an infection through a contact lens than laser surgery). The variations in cost you will hear are for the different types of surgery - the best (most accurate, quickest recovery, lowest risk) obviously being the most expensive - I doubt hardly anyone goes for the £500 option.

Bones

Oct 25, 2006
Portslade
She had iLasek. Was quoted 4500. Then they said had a space available in 2 weeks and would do it it for 2800. So went for it!

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Wife had it done by Optical Express in London end of July. Her eyes were really bad (6 in each eye). She couldn't count your fingers if you were 2 foot away!. They did both eyes takes 2 minutes each. She was in a bit of pain afterwards but it was a bright day and we had to travel back down to Brighton. Within 4 hours pain had gone. Woke up in the morning and her vision was perfect except for things close to her. Within a couple of days this sorted itself. She loves it!. I think optical express do a couple of different options. The one she had was not the cheapest option. Will find out and let you know.

Cheers for the. Look forward to finding out what she had.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
She had iLasek. Was quoted 4500. Then they said had a space available in 2 weeks and would do it it for 2800. So went for it!

Lasek or lasik? Apparently the Lasek takes far longer to heal opposed to the lasik which takes a day if that.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
I had it done about 7 years ago, using Lasik at Ultralase in Hammersmith. Cost was about £3,500. I was short sighted, about -4.00 in both eyes, with a stable prescription for several years. It was the best thing I ever did, life changing for me. Good consultation, very quick and relatively painless operation with excellent aftercare, a day or two of mild discomfort and better than 20/20 crystal clear vision 24 hours later, and still the same today for distance. The consultant who did it told me I was his 13,000-odd patient. Would I do it again ? In a heartbeat. Wish I'd done it years before and been shot of the faff of glasses and contact lenses (far more likely to get an infection through a contact lens than laser surgery). The variations in cost you will hear are for the different types of surgery - the best (most accurate, quickest recovery, lowest risk) obviously being the most expensive - I doubt hardly anyone goes for the £500 option.

This !! best thing i had done 18 mths ago only down side occasional dry eyes but normal eye drops combat this and it cost me £ 1800 which they let you have in interest free loan if needed . Aftercare was good and cant really fault it

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here