Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Workplace woes - The most dullest courses in the world ever.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Seriously.
Boring topics, tedious corporate powerpoint presentation....8 hours of staring at a projector screen, with a presenter that thought he was hilarious, was broadly racist and completely non interactive.

:shootself

Your experiences?

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
An afternoon on the European patenting system in 1984 was as bad as I can recall. No Powerpoint, just handwritten acetates and notes read out word for word in a dreadful monotone. The whole room was asleep after 10 minutes, it was like a dormitory.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Bribery and money laundering training can go to hell, particularly as I'm in a position where I'm unlikely to be used in bribery or money laundering.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Bollox buzzwords bingo. The only way to get through those kind of days.

Good if you've got some one to play this with, but usually ends in spontaneous hysterics, which leads the presenter to believe he's as hilarious as he thinks.

What really gets me is when they throw a question open to the room.....no one speaks.....no one speaks.....someone speaks....it's the wrong answer.....awkward silence, awkward silence.....

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I've always walked out of boring training in the days I had to do it and gone back to get on with work.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Went to a sales course back in yesteryear where the opening sentence was : There is no such thing as a problem, its just an opportunity for you to provide a solution.

Went downhill after that for the next two days.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
My Mrs was on a course many years ago; she and the only other girl on the course were told they could have the afternoon off as they were showing a film that wouldn't be of interest. Mrs H beetled off to the shops but the other girl insisted on being allowed to see it ("how dare you exclude me, it's discrimination" etc).
In the end they let her in and she watched a film about testicular cancer.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Teachers' in-service is the worst. There's one guy with a Powerpoint, and a room full of people who a.) already know this and b.) can do a better job presenting it.

Because if the bod at the front next to the screen were a proper teacher, he'd be in the classroom, and not battened on the consultancy teat.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Good if you've got some one to play this with, but usually ends in spontaneous hysterics, which leads the presenter to believe he's as hilarious as he thinks.

What really gets me is when they throw a question open to the room.....no one speaks.....no one speaks.....someone speaks....it's the wrong answer.....awkward silence, awkward silence.....

I very nearly had hysterics in front of the new boss (some 4 work levels higher than me) whilst playing buzzword bingo. Did save me from going completely doolally, though.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Codes of Ethics, I nearly lost the will to live.

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
Mental capacity
Conflict resolution
Risk management
Information governance

To name but a few of the 34 different yearly courses I have to do each year :facepalm:

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
You could have the most dull course, or the dullest course, but the "most dullest" is incorrect use of English.

This message was brought to you by 'ten seconds you will never get back' productions.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Let's just all of us be grateful we have jobs, eh? Getting paid to listen to someone deliver a lecture on a mundane topic - could be a hell of a lot worse.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Well I am change manager for Europe and trying to get the French to use our systems is great fun! Now that is one hell of a series of presentations I gave. Not being stereotypical but they really have perfected the Gallic shrug

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here