Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] MARRS HAILS ALBION'S CHARACTER

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
marrs-121014-l229-2012154_478x359.jpg

James Marrs with Fliss Gibbons and Sophie Perry.
Image by: Geoff Penn

PUBLISHED
19:55 12th October 2014
by James Hilsum
I’m delighted with the performance that the girls put in today."
James Marrs

Brighton & Hove Albion women’s manager James Marrs hailed his side’s character following an emphatic 4-0 victory over Derby County on Sunday.The Seagulls bounced back from last week’s disappointing 4-1 defeat to Charlton with an accomplished display against the Rams.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “I’m delighted with the performance that the girls put in today. We’ve travelled a long way and they took into account what happened last week and put it behind them. It was a very good day.
“Derby were a physical side and were well organised, so it was always going to be difficult to try and break them down.
“We wanted to be a bit more competitive than we have been in recent weeks, as I think we’ve been a little bit too nice. This week we got our foot in and competed for the majority of the 50-50 challenges.
“It resulted in a better performance and we looked like a team playing with confidence.
“The main positive for me was that we had players in and around the 18-yard box once we got into the final third. We had numbers in abundance when we got the ball in the wide areas and had five or six players going forward each time, so that’s always a good sign.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Marrs insists that his focus going into each week is making sure his team puts in a good performance, but says they are well in the hunt to win the Premier League Cup.“It’s nice to go through and we’re in the hunt for the trophy. All you can do is beat what’s in front of you and I hope we can have a good run, but we’re using the Premier League Cup to give players an opportunity to get in the starting eleven.
“A couple of the players have performed really well and given me a selection headache and they should just go out and enjoy their football. We’ll approach the game in exactly the same way no matter who we play.
“The girls should go out there and express themselves. They did that 100 times today, so it’s a good platform for us to move forward and hopefully we don’t take a backward step like we did last week.
“We’ll now go into next week’s County Cup game at Wivelsfield Green in a professional manner like we did today.”
[h=3]ALBION V MIDDLESBROUGH
[/h] SATURDAY 18TH OCTOber, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V ROTHERHAM
[/h] SATURDAY 25th OCTOBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v WIGAN
[/h] tuESDAY 4TH NOVEMber, kick-off 7:45pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here