Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chambers

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Not a right back, never will be. Clyne kept Chambers out of Southampton's side all of last year, yet it is Chambers playing in this game, makes no sense.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Not a right back, never will be. Clyne kept Chambers out of Southampton's side all of last year, yet it is Chambers playing in this game, makes no sense.

Agree.

I really rate Clyne. Best option even with a fit walker, Johnson, chambers etc as he can actually defend

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Agree.

I really rate Clyne. Best option even with a fit walker, Johnson, chambers etc as he can actually defend

I read that as Clyde best! The old West Ham forward from the 70's.

allystrat

Dec 19, 2011
I would have played Ox as an attacking right back to really go at their young left back. Chambers is dreadful, Baines, Henderson, Welbeck too....and a few others

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I'm not a fan of Lallana either, think he is vastly over rated

I think he's an excellent player. But there's something about him that makes me wonder- I've no real idea why- if, personality-wise, he might be a bit of a tool.

Anyone ever met the bloke? Can our Hampshire residents confirm if Lallana had a reputation locally for being up himself?
[MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] [MENTION=118]Hiney[/MENTION] [MENTION=687]Carrot Cruncher[/MENTION]

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Clyne should've started. Rooney has been diabolical again.

I agree with you about Clyne but sometimes I wonder what Rooney has to do to get some credit. I wouldn't ever slag him off mid-match now because he is still our best chance of salvaging a result regardless of how he's playing.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I agree with you about Clyne but sometimes I wonder what Rooney has to do to get some credit. I wouldn't ever slag him off mid-match now because he is still our best chance of salvaging a result regardless of how he's playing.

Yep, me too. Perhaps it's a case that people expected him to spend his entire career doing the same stuff he did when he was sixteen. He may not be as obviously destructive these days, and he's done some stupid stuff in his time. But the guy has 43 (?) international goals. And yet when he breaks the England record, as- barring injury- he will, it seems people are going to slate him as unworthy of the honour. Hard to see what more anybody can do. I know his record in finals isn't great, but then nor is the England team as a whole, and strikers need decent service. Perhaps people should judge him on what he has done, rather than what he could have been. Plenty of far worse strikers have gone before him. He deserves some credit. At least he's always played like he gives a toss, unlike certain other "stars" of his generation.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
How much did Arsenal pay for Chambers? Was it really £12M??

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I think he's an excellent player. But there's something about him that makes me wonder- I've no real idea why- if, personality-wise, he might be a bit of a tool.

Anyone ever met the bloke? Can our Hampshire residents confirm if Lallana had a reputation locally for being up himself?
[MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] [MENTION=118]Hiney[/MENTION] [MENTION=687]Carrot Cruncher[/MENTION]

He took out a full page ad in the Daily Echo to say 'thank you' to the Saints fans after demanding a transfer to Liverpool. Some Saints fans I know thought that was a crass thing to do.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here