Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jack Wilshere

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Possibly one of the most over rated players of a generation.

He'll probably spend half his career injured anyway as he tends to jump in a bit, like Bryan Robson used to. He'll never be half the player Robson was though.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Never understood the hype. Always seems late, up for a fight and then gets injured.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Another England player who will no doubt get 80+ caps during his career but fail to deliver a great deal

Have you ever started a positive thread?

Just askin' like.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Best player for England without question which says a great deal (and none of it good sadly).
Wellbeck was England's worst player IMO (and to beat Callum Chambers to that "honour" takes some doing!).

Albion100

Jan 4, 2013
Patcham
Best player for England without question which says a great deal (and none of it good sadly).
Wellbeck was England's worst player IMO (and to beat Callum Chambers to that "honour" takes some doing!).

I agree. I thought Wiltshire was our best player by a long way. At least he looks positive when he gets the ball. Chambers awful and Rooney pretty poor as well.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Agreed, top player. I really like Welbeck but not the right game for him, he's best getting beyond a defence but that wasn't going to happen today.... Would have been the perfect game for Lambert

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Best game for England for a long time from Wilshire tonight.
Maybe England have found the right position for him now. He's not the best player when running with the ball, he's a much better player when winning tackles and recycling possession.
Disagree with has been said about his passing ability - played a couple of lovely through (Gerrard-esq) balls to Rooney tonight and against San Marino.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Wilshere is ok, but he is only just about international class in my eyes, which is a sad indictment of the England team. Not in the same class as Gazza, Hoddle, Gerrard, Robson, Brooking or even Gerry Francis.....

We are a poor team.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don't really know much about him but the fact there is so much debate about his quality says something.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I thought the thread was about the player as a whole, not just about tonight's game.

I agree, he played ok tonight, possibly our best player even, but then look at the opposition and our team performance. It's no form of recommendation is it.

I stand by what I said in my previous post.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Think the premier league has ruined out national side, all they seem to do is worry about their pay rises, silly colour boots, where is the passion, I thought Wiltshire played as well as the rest, total utter crap, why do I bother to watch ? We beat a team with a population about the same as Sussex, only just as well. We need to start all over again from grass roots.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here