Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you ever been back to the Goldstone?

Which best sums up your current Goldstone behaviour?

• I continue to avoid the site & boycott those shops.

Votes: 37 38.5%
  • I avoid the site but do not boycott any shops.

Votes: 17 17.7%
  • I have visited the site but still boycott the shops.

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • The Goldstone Retail Park? It's a fun day out for all the family!

Votes: 33 34.4%

• Total voters

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
I haven't been in sight of the Goldstone since 1997. If I am down that way I'll avoid it.
I have also since boycotted any shops that moved into the hallowed space when it became a shopping centre. How about you?

I've only been back once since the last game - and that was the day I was driving a support vehicle for the commemorative bike ride to celebrate the opening of the Amex that took in the Goldstone, Priestfield, Withdean and the Amex.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I've only been back once since the last game - and that was the day I was driving a support vehicle for the commemorative bike ride to celebrate the opening of the Amex that took in the Goldstone, Priestfield, Withdean and the Amex.
[emoji468] [emoji598] [emoji590] [emoji597] [emoji603] [emoji604] [emoji600] [emoji594] [emoji595] [emoji592]

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I've been back for convenience since planning permission was granted for the Amex. I'm probably not in double figures yet.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
First day Toys R us opened i was there I then scoffed down a Burger king on the spot where i used to stand on teh North stand. Guess what? That Burger King was 10 times better than the revolting Boiled Burgers and incepid chips served on a matchday.

pet shop,toys r us and tkmaxx:thumbsup:

Attachments

• scan0027.jpg
    scan0027.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 738
  • scan0025.jpg
    scan0025.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 737
  • scan0009.jpg
    scan0009.jpg
    536.8 KB · Views: 768

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Taken the kids when they were younger past where The Goldstone once stood , never been in the retail park.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Because I've avoided the site I've had no idea (until this thread!) what shops are on it. So that made it difficult to boycott 'em.

Now I know what they are will I boycott them? Probably not.

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
never been to the shops. on the two occasions had to drive by...I turned my head and still managed to avoid crashing ( cant see the cops would've been too chuffed at my excuse). but.. I don't live over that way, so it is easy. I do mean to do a pilgrimage to the park to see the 'memorial' and settle the ghosts once and for all...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here